Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

scale isn’t moving but body is changing

11/3 sleeve and on second post op infection (sigh) .. day 8 of 17 days of antibiotics to hopefully kick it in the butt !

weight loss has been slow with a couple stalls … only currently at 27 lbs lost since surgery.. know that i am swollen some from last weeks infection and healing so trying to be patient, but it’s hard! (i want instant results lol)

HOWEVER…. my body is changing even tho the scale isn’t. haven’t been good with measurements but shirts that fit well before surgery are hanging and my pants are needing to be replaced… my face is (finally) thinning and stamina is returning …. my boobs have deflated (looong pancakes lol) and i have gone from 54 DD down to 48 D…

It took me over 40 years to get to my high weight, it’s going to be a journey to get down the weight I want. Still want to see it reflected in the scale but glad i can see it elsewhere at least!!!

we are all on the roller coaster of weight loss!

27 lbs down in five weeks is better than I did in that time. If you stick to your plan, the weight will come off, whether fast or slow.

Oh man, another infection. That is crazy, sorry you are going through that again!

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having infection issues. :( But, great job on the weight loss! :)

1 hour ago, kcuster83 said:

Oh man, another infection. That is crazy, sorry you are going through that again!

Hope you feel better soon.

it’s healing … a little tmi but the infection is one thing but the fact it swelled and burst yuck twice now is what disturbs me! once in the grocery store with the first infection before I could even pick up my antibiotics and this second time sitting in my doctors waiting room (thank goodness i brought a tea towel to catch it.. yuck) after i was on antibiotics for 24 hours …

dr says it may happen again because it’s probably an infected stitch which needs to finish dissolving (up to 12 weeks to dissolve) … totally terrified of it swelling and bursting again.. he thinks and any procedure he does could potentially do more damage than the infection.. on 17 day course of antibiotics to try to keep it from flaring again ….

39 minutes ago, KimA-GA said:

it’s healing … a little tmi but the infection is one thing but the fact it swelled and burst yuck twice now is what disturbs me! once in the grocery store with the first infection before I could even pick up my antibiotics and this second time sitting in my doctors waiting room (thank goodness i brought a tea towel to catch it.. yuck) after i was on antibiotics for 24 hours …

dr says it may happen again because it’s probably an infected stitch which needs to finish dissolving (up to 12 weeks to dissolve) … totally terrified of it swelling and bursting again.. he thinks and any procedure he does could potentially do more damage than the infection.. on 17 day course of antibiotics to try to keep it from flaring again ….

Holy cow!!! That's so crazy. I'm sorry you're going through that. I can't even imagine. But at least you're seeing non scale victories. Those always help me get through stupid stalls.

I hope that it heals up soon for you. I'm only 10 days post-op and though the scale hasn't moved much (in fact when I got home from the hospital I was about 2lbs heavier), I found that my slippers are lose now and I can finally wear my wedding ring again! I find that I wake up every morning and my stomach looks different almost daily, the swelling goes up and down in different areas. I'm so grateful to this forum. Anything that I'm wondering or concerned about I just put it in the search and I can find information on pretty much everything.

1 hour ago, naynay77 said:

I hope that it heals up soon for you. I'm only 10 days post-op and though the scale hasn't moved much (in fact when I got home from the hospital I was about 2lbs heavier), I found that my slippers are lose now and I can finally wear my wedding ring again! I find that I wake up every morning and my stomach looks different almost daily, the swelling goes up and down in different areas. I'm so grateful to this forum. Anything that I'm wondering or concerned about I just put it in the search and I can find information on pretty much everything.

it’s crazy how our bodies change even when the scale doesn’t

6 hours ago, KimA-GA said:

My son had a medical device implanted when he was little and ended up with a hard to heal surgical infection. I hope you kick it soon and that isn't too painful for you.

Someone in my support group also got an infection & their scale did not move for a bit. It seems our bodies prioritize healing during that time! But man I hope that goes away! I can't imagine dealing with it TWICE. I'm glad you're not letting it discourage you!