Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vacation 2 months post op

Hi Everyone!

I am going on vacation at the end of this month and I wanted to if there is anything you recommend I bring so that I can stay on track for my weight loss journey, I also wanted to see whether drinking while on my vacation is something I can do. It is my first time traveling since surgery and I am nervous.

What you may need to bring on vacation depends on your eating plan and how firmly you intend to stick to it. If you do Protein Drinks and intend to stick with them then you'll need to bring Protein drinks. Obviously, anything you just must have that may not be available on vacation you need to bring. Or your can adjust by eating foods on the vacation that still allow you to achieve your protein and calorie goals. Or, you can just ****-it all because you're on vacation.

Personally, I'm somewhere between the last two options on vacation, depending on the meal. My plan since puree has been easy to follow no matter where I am with no special potions, lotions, or concoctions.

As for drinking, you have similar options. Be careful, though. At this point you're eating very little, so alcohol can hit harder. Many sleeve folks are also generally affected by alcohol faster and harder so be very careful. If you're going to drink do it in a safe place initially so you can get a handle on the new paradigm for you. Also, transfer addiction is a hazard, so again, be aware and careful.

Again personally, I don't recall drinking until more than a year out, on vacation. I don't drink normally but ****-it all, I'm on vacation.

Once people understand your vacation, goals, and plan, they can offer a ton of tips. The requirements for a backpacking trip would be different than a 5 star resort.

Enjoy your vacation.

Tek

Edited by The Greater Fool

15 hours ago, MG83 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am going on vacation at the end of this month and I wanted to if there is anything you recommend I bring so that I can stay on track for my weight loss journey, I also wanted to see whether drinking while on my vacation is something I can do. It is my first time traveling since surgery and I am nervous.

bring bottled Water or a water bottle to stay hydrated that is #1!

you may want to make sure you have your phone or other tracking method to make sure you aren’t going crazy with food. my philosophy is if you can handle staying in control you can have a little wiggle room during vacation or special circumstances (that is not for everyone)…

don’t feel bad about “wasting” food. it’s not a waste of you dispose of calories you don’t need…

eat your food slowly and enjoy the company you keep.. you can feel indulgent by keeping portions reasonable that way :)

and have fun! i hope you are going to a great place

I'm going on vacation for Christmas, and I will one month the day I fly. I bought a Water bottle that is easier to carry around and has a time stamp. I will be taking some Protein Powder because I need at least one shake a day to meet the minimum requirement. I do not plan on drinking alcohol or anything aside from water or eating any carbs, so I will just eat whatever Protein is being cooked where I visit and will snack on deli meat and cheese if needed.

I would not lie, I do not care about the alcohol but some of the food that are customary during this time in my country will be missed, not because I really want them but more because it's a cultural thing.

First of all, congrats on your progress! It's awesome that you're considering staying on track during your vacation. Consider packing healthy Snacks, staying hydrated, and maybe some Protein supplements just in case. As for drinking, it's best to check with your surgeon or nutritionist for specific guidance. Also, if you decide to visit New York, check this useful guide ( https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/united-states/new-york-city/). Good luck!

Edited by LaughBlacken