Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 hours ago, Jillian K8 said:

Same boat. I can't do anything Protein Drink, Protein Water, Protein Powder. Probably same reason too (I got the flu on 3 days PO and violently puked up my Protein Drinks for 24 hrs). I recently tried the Koia brand and they're pea protein/vegan and it's much gentler on my stomach but I still nurse them. My doctor is happier with me getting Protein from whole foods and not rely on the artificial nutrition so she says not to worry and just try my best.

Same here. Before this drinking wasn’t even a thought. I was drinking almost a gallon of water and drinking protein 3 times a day was not a problem. Now I can barely get it down. I have been doing the half and half of water with cranberry or pomegranate juice. I’m also eating a lot of refried Beans and thank goodness for the sugar free popsicles.

Edited by KTS

5 hours ago, Jillian K8 said:

Same boat. I can't do anything Protein Drink, Protein Water, Protein Powder. Probably same reason too (I got the flu on 3 days PO and violently puked up my Protein Drinks for 24 hrs). I recently tried the Koia brand and they're pea protein/vegan and it's much gentler on my stomach but I still nurse them. My doctor is happier with me getting Protein from whole foods and not rely on the artificial nutrition so she says not to worry and just try my best.

Thank you for replying. I'm glad you found something that was gentler on your stomach. I'm just trying to finish this last week of just protein to get to puree foods and hoping that will be a bit better. I go back to work so I'm just worried. I hope you are doing well now and continue so 😊

On 4/22/2023 at 8:54 PM, KTS said:

Same here. Before this drinking wasn’t even a thought. I was drinking almost a gallon of Water and drinking Protein 3 times a day was not a problem. Now I can barely get it down. I have been doing the half and half of water with cranberry or pomegranate juice. I’m also eating a lot of refried Beans and thank goodness for the sugar free popsicles.

I hope that changes for you as your healing goes. Thank you for the pomegranate juice suggestion. I didn't even think about that. I like it cause it's not sweet so I've able to keep that down. I hope you're doing well.

On 4/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, greeneyedgirl79 said:

I have wondered the same thing. I didn't expect 20 lb losses every month like I see with some people, but I still expected the scale to move, albeit more slowly!

Absolutely, the lower your starting BMI the less pounds you are going to loose. In the end the percentage % should be similar but actual pounds/kilos and speed will all vary greatly.

I am going through the same questioning and doubting myself and my approach at 7 was post op. I have been in the hospital 15 days total since surgery (2 readmittance with 5 days stays each time and 5 days at time of sleeve) and am still on IV fluids daily through a PICC line at home. Needless to say I have had a few complications due to a chronic, genetic disease I have which is slowing EVERYTHING down.

I have only lost 10lbs according to the scale since surgery but have lost 14 inches. My Dr is not even concerned about my weight loss because how much fluids I am taking and says inches are always more telling than weight due to Water retention or dehydration but also muscle gain as fat weighs less than muscle so if you are putting on muscle while loosing fat you could actually show an increase on the scale... don't worry. If you are doing everything you are supposed to and following your program, the weight WILL come off. This is a lifelong marathon not a sprint! 💞 Learn to love yourself by caring for your body. You will be transformed!

Now after I've completed my blood work, I'm now mild anemic. It's really difficult to walk, get exercise and cook a damn scrambled egg! I have my 6 week post op appointment this Friday. Hopefully, they can help me get back on track!

My stomach grumbles and feels hungry all the time. My impulse is to eat. It grumbles so much it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Almost feels like it is constantly going.

I think I am overeating and I am beyond frustrated with this.

@ Drewski I hope everything goes well.

Edited by KTS

45 minutes ago, Blossoming1 said:

My stomach grumbles and feels hungry all the time. My impulse is to eat. It grumbles so much it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Almost feels like it is constantly going.

I think I am overeating and I am beyond frustrated with this.

I understand the feeling. I’m drinking the Protein and Water. And it’s still really loud, but I’m not hungry. It’s a little embarrassing. Need to find out how to stop it.

It makes me think I am hungry and I should not be.

3 minutes ago, Blossoming1 said:

It makes me think I am hungry and I should not be.

It made me wonder was I not eating enough. But I know I am. I’ve reached out to a few people to ask why does or is this happening. I’ll share whatever information I receive

Edited by KTS

20 minutes ago, Warrioreyez said:

My doctor says that sometimes you may just be thirsty vs hungry and to drink something when you get that feeling.

Thank you. Yes, I was just told if I’m 100% sure I’ve ate enough more than likely my body is just thirsty. Another thing I was told to monitor while eating is if I start to belch, hiccup, or nose starts run while eating that’s a sign that you’re getting full. I just said for this week I’m going to try setting my alarm for every two hours to do one of the following: eat, drink, snack, and walk. This is six weeks post ops and the first time I’ve ever felt this bad

I'm really struggling with this. I haven't lost weight in weeks and I think it is because I always feel hungry. But its like a stomach growl and I think its growling out of hunger.

Very frustrated with it.

45 minutes ago, Blossoming1 said:

I'm really struggling with this. I haven't lost weight in weeks and I think it is because I always feel hungry. But its like a stomach growl and I think its growling out of hunger.

Very frustrated with it.

I understand this. I'm going through a plateau right now as well, but both of my dieticians have reassured me that if you're hungry, it means your body needs food. It may not need a full meal, but something small and satiating is better both for your stomach and for your mood/mind.