Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on Thursday. The pain has honestly been more intense than I had anticipated/hoped. I walk a ton. I think I’ve been overdoing it which is causing additional pain. My pain was a solid 10 day one and got a little better the next day, but I needed pain killers in order to fly home. Im hoping for some additional relief tomorrow! Regardless it’s all possible and manageable! I just remind myself it’s short term pain and it will get better and it will be worth it.
Hope all March surgery buddies are doing great!

Where's your pain? I only had pain right after surgery. The liver incision hurt me. Not the gas

idk why

I get pain from eating to much

On 03/25/2023 at 19:43, Lnr1922 said:

Had my surgery on Thursday. The pain has honestly been more intense than I had anticipated/hoped. I walk a ton. I think I’ve been overdoing it which is causing additional pain. My pain was a solid 10 day one and got a little better the next day, but I needed pain killers in order to fly home. Im hoping for some additional relief tomorrow! Regardless it’s all possible and manageable! I just remind myself it’s short term pain and it will get better and it will be worth it.

It’s also possible you may have jet belly - the pressure at high altitudes makes the trapped air in your gut expand, taking up more room and leading to bloating and pain. The sharp gas pain is definitely the worst of it and it gets better 🙏🏼 fairly quickly!!

Hey all! So i got my vsg on Monday March 20th. The pain is a bit more than i thought, but its the gas pain. The only incision that hurts a bit is the one above my belly button, and to stand up or lay down is a bit of a struggle due to the muscle pain on my left side. C-section pain is way worse. But walking helps, and the meds. Drinking the fluids was a breeze, and currently on puree stage. Good luck to all xoxoxo!!

Yeah!!!!

Sounds like you are doing well. That is wonderful news!

I’m a year late but I was 3/23/23 this year 🎉

Hey, March 7th. I'm having 2nd revision now going to a bypass due to severe reflux
Heyyy I just did my revision with a hernia repair and I redid my sleeve instead of bypass. Im finding that my reflux is way worse this time than before. I'm thinking I may have to get the bypass too as well. I really don't want to get another surgery but this burning is not responding to meds. I'm vomiting from it.now. Just all around discomfort.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BariatricPal mobile app

So I'm incredibly disappointed in my progress so far. I was sleeved on March 7th and I've only lost 15 lbs. I know everyone is different and we're not supposed to compare but I'm a little panicked.

Would someone mind sharing how they've done this month after surgery?

I did contact my Nutritionist and asked her how many calories I should be eating a day and she said not to worry about that right now. Just concentrate on getting my Protein and Water in, which I am doing.

On 3/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Lnr1922 said:

So sorry to hear you're in pain. Small walks throughout the day are best. I do at most 5 minutes an hour or so. So glad to hear that you got your surgery done and that you're back home!

Hey I was sleeved on the 7th and I’m down only 25 lbs and I’ve been beating myself up about it. Especially when I hear people have lost 30-40 pounds a month out. I’ve been exercising and portioning food. I did have my menstrual cycle which caused me to stall a few days, but since that has passed I seem to be trending in the right direction. I would say just continue to do what you’re doing, get that Protein in and liquid intake. It will happen. Also, starting today I’m going to weight myself weekly vs daily. Trust I know exactly how you feel.

16 minutes ago, Christi Hawkins said:

So I'm incredibly disappointed in my progress so far. I was sleeved on March 7th and I've only lost 15 lbs. I know everyone is different and we're not supposed to compare but I'm a little panicked.

I did contact my Nutritionist and asked her how many calories I should be eating a day and she said not to worry about that right now. Just concentrate on getting my Protein and Water in, which I am doing.

My weight loss was rapid pre-op, but post-op has been a lot slower. My surgery was on the 7th of March, too. I think - for me - it's been better to not weigh myself on a scale every day and just focus on staying hydrated and moving in small spurts.

1 minute ago, Warrioreyez said:

Hey I was sleeved on the 7th and I’m down only 25 lbs and I’ve been beating myself up about it. Especially when I hear people have lost 30-40 pounds a month out. I’ve been exercising and portioning food. I did have my menstrual cycle which caused me to stall a few days, but since that has passed I seem to be trending in the right direction. I would say just continue to do what you’re doing, get that Protein in and liquid intake. It will happen. Also, starting today I’m going to weight myself weekly vs daily. Trust I know exactly how you feel.

Oh, thank you!!! The only exercise I can do right now is walking, they haven't given me the clearance to resume workouts. I'm eating less than 800 calories per day but this is driving me crazy. Great advice on only weighing weekly, I'm on that dang scale at least twice a day

1 hour ago, Christi Hawkins said:

Christi, I am in the same boat. I was sleeved on 3/9 and have only lost 10lbs! I did not loose ANYTHING for the first 10 days & was completely flat. I was not gone above 500 calories the entire time, and have reached my Protein goal 2 days only. I am 55 yrs old so I knew my weight loss would be slower but it is frustrating when you see other people doing less exercise and more calories and the weight falling off quickly. You are correct, don't compare yourself to anyone. We all have different bodies, different metabolisms, even different body types loss at different rates (eg, apple shape vs pear shape vs extra weight in extremities, etc). We are all different and none of us will have the same experience. Keep your head up, keep working your program and you and I will both get the results in our time! 🤗