Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for information on GOLO release use after sleeve

I haven’t been online in years and had my sleeve procedure in 2013. My weight has become a concern again. I am up to 181 and have been looking at the GOLO release supplement. Has anyone tried this post sleeve?

Same here, since my Dad passed in 2020 and recently my Mom was diagnosed with Lewy Body dementia I have been doing nothing but stress eating, I can’t seem to get my anxiety and stress under control, I know I need to work on that first, but also wondering GOLO has worked for others. I’m not over eating, but it’s what I’m eating,

Edited by mgt3boys
Wrong word used

3 hours ago, lark60 said:

I haven’t been online in years and had my sleeve procedure in 2013. My weight has become a concern again. I am up to 181 and have been looking at the GOLO release supplement. Has anyone tried this post sleeve?

I haven't tried golo but I have a friend that does that and she said it works great. I just had my surgery two days ago so i am brand new in this process.

I’ve never heard of it so did a quick read about it. It sounds like a way to sell their supplement (yeah, I can be a bit cynical) & those with certain medical conditions should not follow it.

Sure people can lose weight on any diet but keeping it off is the problem as we know. (How many diets have you tried over the years?) Diets are designed to be short term & restrictive. Finding a sustainable way of eating that doesn’t restrict you living your life & provides your body (not your head) with what it needs is the way. It may include aspects of certain eating styles but the way of eating you find that works for you will be personal to you. It won’t be exactly the same as how & what I eat or someone else eats.

Go back to the basics of your initial post maintenance eating as a start. Meet your Protein & fluid goals. Eat lots of vegetables, some fruit, some low processed whole/multi grains & some good fats & oils. Avoid high processed, high fat, high sugar foods. Reestablish the good post surgery habits of smaller portions, eating slowly, measuring & tracking your food intake, etc. And then modify your eating as you need. Get in touch with your dietician for some guidance & support.

Life just gets in the way sometimes (health, family, friends, jobs, etc.) & old habits sometimes regain their old power & override our good intentions. Many turn to food for comfort in times of stress. (So sorry about your mother’s diagnosis @mgt3boys.) Maybe visit a therapist to discuss ways of managing stress & anxiety without turning to food & ways to break those old habits.

Because you’re newly post surgery, it’s best you follow the diet you’ve been given & the advice your dietician & surgeon give you @Merri Beth. Because our portions are so small after surgery what we eat is extremely important to ensure our body gets the nutrients it needs. And they have access to your medical records & blood work to ensure you are getting what you need. As you get closer to your goal, start exploring how & what you want to eat for the long term & what your body need to eat to benefits your health.