Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2023 Surgery Buddies!

Surgery scheduled for January 30t for me!
Hope it all went well!

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, CHRISSER27 said:

My major concern at this point is that I haven't really had that stuffed/full feeling. I can't identify at all with not being able to eat and ounce or two. I wish I did. It makes me feel like maybe I was left with a larger sleeve.

CHRISSER27, I just had my first post-op control yesterday with my surgeon, and mentioned the EXACT SAME THING to him... that I was worried that I wasn’t feeling stuffed, and that I had not felt nauseous when eating, and that I was eating the full portions I have been assigned. His response: That’s great!!! That means you are eating slowly, taking small bites, and listening to your body. If you continue this way, you should NEVER feel nauseous.

So, Keep up the good work!

I have just upped my portion size to between 2-3oz and at 3oz I feel full. At 2oz I don't feel full but I don't feel hungry. So right now I just keep it in between those two sizes.

+

Just joined this site thanks to my mom who had Bypass about 10 years ago and found this place really helpful during her journey 🤗

I had my Sleeve surgery Jan 23rd. I feel like I'm doing okay but my body is SO tired all the time and I just really want to down Water like nobody's business. I really miss being able to drink as much of it as I want

I had a VSG on 01/06/23. I loss 38 lbs since the pre-op liquid phase. I consume 800-1000 calories a day and aim for 80+ grams of Protein a day. I feel good. I haven't had any issues with any foods. Well except that I cannot tolerate Protein Shakes at all so I rely on protein rich foods. I can also tolerate unflavored GENEPRO in my Crystal Light and some Protein Bars.

Today is 1 month post op for me - down 30.2 lbs and 18"!

Hope everyone's doing well! I'm almost 7 weeks PO and feeling great. Everything I've eaten has sat well with me and I've been able to eat some of my favorite things again.

Had my surgery on Jan 31st and I'm down 30 lbs already. My gf keeps saying she can see a difference but I see nothing yet haha. Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing well and feeling well! :)

Mine was January 31st

Hey! How is everyone doing? Today marks 2 months since my sleeve and I've loss almost 50 lbs from my pre-op diet. Overall, I feel great. I go for my blood work tomorrow so I hope everything checks out OK with that. I walk about 3-4x a week and attend a weekly Water aerobics class. I have to "UP" my exercise routine but as a mom of 3 (youngest being a toddler), it's just so hard to find the time. The weight doesn't slide off the way I envisioned, you definitely have to put in work to lose the weight but I have no regrets.

Hey! Any January 2023 sleevers still hanging out on this forum? How are you all doing?