Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2023 Surgery Buddies!

My date is January 10th! Less than 6 weeks away! Who else is going to be starting their new life in January?

Exciting times, mine is currently booked for March 3rd 2023 (only because my sister is having done aswell and is soonest she can) but seems not many for 2023 yet so thought I’d say hi

On 11/30/2022 at 18:43, Merida said:

My date is January 10th! Less than 6 weeks away! Who else is going to be starting their new life in January?

Mine is January 9th! I’m excited but nervous lol don’t know how to feel!

Mines 20th January and I’m very nervous

I think when the time gets closer I will be nervous, but right now I am just so miserable living in my body that I am counting the hours.

What a way to start the new year! Congratulations on your date! Wishing you all the best! It will be here before you know it!

Mine is January 16th. I am nervous and already started cutting back food to prepare for my liquid diet as I have high anxiety and history of binge eating. So, I am drinking Protein Shakes and Protein Water 2 meals and a snack and then having a small real food meal. It seems to be working so far, even though I haven't seen any results on scale. But I figured dropping 1 meal would be easier than dropping 3-4 meals at the same time.

Good morning, happy to find our forum to check in as we prepare for our life changing surgery. I'm grateful to be on this journey. My bypass is scheduled January 23, 2023.

Got my pre-op 3 days after Christmas, so I'm going to enjoy one more full Christmas dinner.

My dr scheduled my preop virtually for this Wed 12/21/22. My surgery isn't until Jan 23rd. I have my nutrition information /appointment 12/20/22. So far away. They all seem to do it differently.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, Cheryl C said:

Good morning, happy to find our forum to check in as we prepare for our life changing surgery. I'm grateful to be on this journey. My bypass is scheduled January 23, 2023.

My surgery is on the 23rd as well… just one day after my birthday!!!

How is everyone doing? I am 4DPO and feeling pretty good. I never had an real pain, just soreness which is still there but decreasing. I'm getting about 54oz of Water and 30g of Protein in so far each day. I was sent home on 3L O2 at night; hoping it's just temporary.

Hi, New to the community. Had my surgery on 1/11/23. The gas pain has been serious. It’s getting a bit better now. My the head hunger is getting to me