Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for folks to follow and build with who are o a similar surgery timeline.

I’m getting the sleeve on December 5.

Let me know if you’d scheduled similarly and would like to share experiences and support here. Please feel free to introduce yourself in the comments. I’ve included my own intro below.

ABOUT ME:
I’m Sarah, a 40yo woman from nyc.

I have a senior level professional job as a consultant and work from home most days of the week. I hate failing and I think that’s why weight has been such a hindrance for me, it’s feels like a personal failure.

Im pretty active and close my Apple Watch rings most days. I love to swim and do swim laps 30-60 minutes/day - 4-5/days a week. Outside of swimming I love to read, wander the hiking trails in Central Park, volunteer for campaigns and causes I care about, writing, and travel anywhere are everywhere in spite of dreaded airline seats :)

My WLS decision:
I’ve been overweight most of my life but for a few years after a prior 120lb weight loss associated with disordered eating about 10 years ago. Needless to say most of that weight was gained back in recovery and then some yo-yoing down 50 and up 60 every other year to follow. I imagine many of you can relate to this story.

Though I’ve thought about wls surgery for sometime my blood panels and other levels were still in healthy range only my weight was an outlier. But then COVID came and especially terrified me - I was scared if I caught it I would be at risk to lose my life. I made efforts on my own to lose weight and like past attempts I shed 50lbs and was really good for 6 months but then something happens at work and I prioritize that above myself and before I know it I’ve gains it back. This last year I found myself of the gain side of the yo-yo and for the first time being afraid to sit in some chairs, after break a plastic deck chair. I noticed I was keeping myself in bc I was disgusted with myself, holding myself back from dating, from living, and carrying myself with little confidence, with little to look forward to.

The tipping point:
I went to my nieces dance recital and could barely squeeze into the auditorium seat. I needed to make a permanent change. Two months later I had my first consult for surgery and here I am ready Dec 5 surgery.

Hi, I’m new here 😃. My name is Jennifer, and I’m getting sleeved on 12/19/2022. I’m excited and terrified especially after the results from some of my labs. Good luck to you!

22 hours ago, smc124 said:

Looking for folks to follow and build with who are o a similar surgery timeline.

I’m getting the sleeve on December 5.

Let me know if you’d scheduled similarly and would like to share experiences and support here. Please feel free to introduce yourself in the comments. I’ve included my own intro below.

ABOUT ME:
I’m Sarah, a 40yo woman from nyc.

I have a senior level professional job as a consultant and work from home most days of the week. I hate failing and I think that’s why weight has been such a hindrance for me, it’s feels like a personal failure.

Im pretty active and close my Apple Watch rings most days. I love to swim and do swim laps 30-60 minutes/day - 4-5/days a week. Outside of swimming I love to read, wander the hiking trails in Central Park, volunteer for campaigns and causes I care about, writing, and travel anywhere are everywhere in spite of dreaded airline seats :)

My WLS decision:
I’ve been overweight most of my life but for a few years after a prior 120lb weight loss associated with disordered eating about 10 years ago. Needless to say most of that weight was gained back in recovery and then some yo-yoing down 50 and up 60 every other year to follow. I imagine many of you can relate to this story.

Though I’ve thought about wls surgery for sometime my blood panels and other levels were still in healthy range only my weight was an outlier. But then COVID came and especially terrified me - I was scared if I caught it I would be at risk to lose my life. I made efforts on my own to lose weight and like past attempts I shed 50lbs and was really good for 6 months but then something happens at work and I prioritize that above myself and before I know it I’ve gains it back. This last year I found myself of the gain side of the yo-yo and for the first time being afraid to sit in some chairs, after break a plastic deck chair. I noticed I was keeping myself in bc I was disgusted with myself, holding myself back from dating, from living, and carrying myself with little confidence, with little to look forward to.

The tipping point:
I went to my nieces dance recital and could barely squeeze into the auditorium seat. I needed to make a permanent change. Two months later I had my first consult for surgery and here I am ready Dec 5 surgery.

One of my tipping points was when we went to a fancy italian restaurant for a family dinner and i barely fit in the booth so embrassing! I am scheduled for gastric sleeve in two days, Nov 29th. I have been on the two week liquid diet since Nov 14th and i am so ready!!!

Hey, I'm new to here but my surgery is also planned for December 5th!
I'll be turning 30 the day after, on the 6th!

I've been overweight for the last 7 years and on the NHS journey to get the sleeve since 2017/18, but had delays due to covid and becoming a carer for dad.

I'm really excited for it!
Currently I'm 19stone 5lbs, on the liver reduction diet.

I hope you're doing well!

Sent from my M2101K9G using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello everyone... I have my sleeve surgery scheduled for December 14th with Dr. Fok in Mexico. Looking forward to it, but nervous at the same time...

Hello everyone, my sleeve is scheduled for December 5 as well. I am a underground mine Ventilation engineering technician. Been overweight since my teenage years and now pushing 47 with a bmi of 40. Main reason for surgery is I want to be able to play with grandkids when they come and reduce body pain and just be able to do more activities. Good luck to everyone!

Cancelled from the 5th yesterday. Rescheduled to the 14th. Now trying to rebuild my enthusiasm.

I was so relieved to get to the otherside too! I just had gastric sleeve on 11-29. Tomorrow is one week post op. Each day has gotten better. Just don't forget you have to sip. I drank too big of a drink of Water today and whew did i pay for that. Felt terrible for about 30 minute after. You will do wonderful and congratulations for getting to the otherside.

I am on my way to the hospital right now for my sleeve, I’m pretty calm but who knows what I’ll feel when they are prepping me. I am 5’2 , 206lbs I work full time and I have been reading all the sites and have to say there is a lot of scary stories but when I speak to some actual people they are always super positive. I hope this procedure is everything I am hoping it is. I too as so many of us here have fought all my life and really am disgusted with myself, I can’t even look into the mirror. I wish everyone here good luck and please wish me the same. I’ll be back either later or tomorrow to let you know how it’s going!