Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so another question I had to ask if I loved lifting five pound weights at the gym last year and working my cardio out on the treadmill would that work a little for my weight loss before I get surgery and when should I start if my surgery is in March or April. Thinking of walking more I try to get out of the house twice a day for now and I drink my Premier Protein drinks is this something to drink after the workout or during it if it's clear Protein I have to get to do this so you think it would work I'm working on it so bad I got so much confidence and encouragement from my family and this support group and a very good best friend of mine.Even tho before I got 6,000 steps or more in if I walked all day with Water and a small snack of fruit or veggies. I am so determined to get this surgery I write down everything now just wondering should I start going back to the gym because going on the treadmill makes me realize walking and a healthier lifestyle is better for me then what I did before. IMG_2022-11-12-20-09-18-665.jpg IMG_2022-11-14-13-35-40-448.jpg IMG_20221113_105514.jpg

Sent from my TMAF035G using BariatricPal mobile app

Walking = awesome.

Walking with dumbbells = not so awesome. This can actually cause gait or balance issues, which means you're more likely to injure yourself. Also, while it adds a tiny bit of resistance, it's not really enough to make much difference.

IMO, keep walking, but lose the dumbbells. Add in a separate strength training routine 2-3 times a week. If you need some help figuring out where to start, Google "bodyweight strength training for beginners".

Thanks that's what I was originally asking I don't do that anymore. I would like to do walking alot more and maybe stretching that's probably the best with a workout program with no weights would yoga work because I know yoga would be light along with the stretching. Everyone on here are very supportive. This is exactly the kind of support I needed thanks again.

Yoga is definitely good for flexibility and depending on the type of yoga, maybe for cardio, but it's no substitute for strength training.

22 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

Yoga is definitely good for flexibility and depending on the type of yoga, maybe for cardio, but it's no substitute for strength training.

I agree i can't wait to go back to yoga on a regular basis. I have to stop of course for surgery and for a while after but yoga is amazing

Yoga helps the mind be at peace along with focusing on your body. I didn't know what kind to do so I'm still looking into it and Good luck on your journey as well.

Walking is definitely a great way to get some cardio in, and lifting light weights at the gym can be a good way to build some strength. If you're considering adding more Gym Equipment to your routine, I would suggest talking to your doctor or a personal trainer to make sure you're using the equipment safely and effectively, especially if you're preparing for surgery.

As for the drinks, they can be a good source of Protein after your workout to help your muscles recover, but it's important to also make sure you're getting a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and veggies. Keep up the great work, and best of luck with your weight loss journey!

Edited by Liroychic

It's awesome to hear about your commitment to your fitness journey, especially as you prepare for surgery. Lifting weights and doing cardio like treadmill workouts are great steps toward your weight loss goals. Starting now and gradually building your routine is a smart approach, considering your surgery is in March or April.
Your determination, family support, and encouragement from your friend and support group are all powerful motivators. If you're seeking more insights or tips, you might find resources at https://hitsona.com/chertsey/ helpful. Keep up the positive changes you're making, and continue embracing a healthier lifestyle.

Edited by EduardBakers