Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for my December 2022 Surgery Twin

20 hours ago, Sealover said:

My sleeve was 12/8 and so far so good. I had more discomfort than I thought but I'm happy to say I'm feeling better each and every day. I'm on a liquid diet until Sunday and then I can start incorporating "soft" food and have to be honest, I am really looking forward to it because even though my tummy is full I would like to "physically" eat something.

How is everyone else handling this phase?

I would try to eat sugar free jell-o each day that I was on my liquid diet. It would help me with the need to chew. My sleeve was on 12/2/22 and I'm doing well. I still forget to give myself enough time between bites or sips. Once I started soft foods my weight loss stalled. I'm still a bit sore but I'm mostly fine.

I also had my surgery on Dec 5th. I live in Las Vegas. My surgeon was Dr. Ahmed. Anyone else?

Dec 6th… I didn’t get nervous until 1 hour before surgery but I have no regrets.

Looks like I’m your twin as well. I had my surgery Dec. 5, and I am feeling great! Hope you are as well.

I'm having gastric bypass on Dec 29. Anyone else have a gastric bypass coming up who wants to be surgery buddies?

I am having gastric bypass on the 29th as well! I started my liquid diet on Thursday. It hasn't been as tough as I thought it would be, but I do a lot of self talking and keeping my eye on the goal of a healthier life. My surgery will be in Portland. Where are you located?

Mine is December 21st.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:35, BookingMama said:

I'm having gastric bypass on Dec 29. Anyone else have a gastric bypass coming up who wants to be surgery buddies?

I’m dec 30th!

On 12/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Kaydance17 said:

Mine is December 21st.

I had mine yesterday as well! How are you doing? Had pretty bad gas pains last night and only a few today. Mine was done as outpatient.. Went back about 10 and was out of there by 3:30. Water goes down ok some sip and causes pains with others. Looking forward to SF pudding and or yogurt on Saturday!

On 12/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, kat_8807 said:

Dec 21, begin pre op diet on Dec 14! Kinda nervous

kat_8807 how are you feeling? I had mine yesterday as well. Gas paid after surgery and last night was no joke. Feeling much better today, but drinking is hard.

Hi had my surgery December 19, 2022, I’m 3/4 days post op

I thought you weren’t supposed to be hungry right after surgery?? I’m starving

Im still in the liquid phase 😒 I don’t know if it is just a feeling of missing food, being around family that’s eating or what??

How is everyone doing around the holidays that just had surgery? I’m struggling

I am having gastric bypass on the 29th as well! I started my liquid diet on Thursday. It hasn't been as tough as I thought it would be, but I do a lot of self talking and keeping my eye on the goal of a healthier life. My surgery will be in Portland. Where are you located?
I don't know if you saw my message, but I'm on the east side of WA State and having mine in Seattle. Three more days! We can do this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app