Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What insurance is fastest ?

Hello, I,m new here ..looking for answers and options, I hear paramount advantage will do the surgery in 3 months. I REALLLLLY don't want to wait 6 months ..I,m on buckeye now but I will switch in a heartbeat if I can get it done faster. Need information. Also I heard paramount advantage is selling out to another company.. are they going out of business?

Have you tried actually calling these insurance companies to ask what their process is for weight loss surgery? As for paramount advantage "selling out" Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield acquired Paramount Medicaid contracts.

I'm with Kaiser & was immediately approved but the classes, appointments, tests, test & more tests is what take the longest. My process was 5 months. The time is kind of out of our control

waiting six months is pretty normal. In the mean time, you'll go through a lot of medical clearance testing and possibly classes. It seemed like forever for me, too ( actually, I waited a year), but I did A LOT of research during that time, worked on developing eating habits that I'd need for after surgery (and lost 57 lbs with this alone!), and felt VERY prepared the morning they rolled me into surgery. In retrospect, I'm grateful for the extra time, even though I was frustrated by it at first.

The difference between three and six months may seem like a lot but during that time you will be taking in a lot of information. Honestly in retrospect it wasn’t that long to wait. I know it seems like an eternity when your ready to go but I think you will realize it kinda flies by.

I have United healthcare. From my initial apt to my actual surgery was three months. But that is because:1. I did every pre opp thing super fast 2. My BMI was 44 and 3. My program was fully covered because I had maxed out of pocket already.

I have BCBS of Illinois and from my first appt to surgery day was 2 months and a week months. My first appt was Feb 28th and my surgery was May 3rd.

I would suggest calling the insurance company and ask them to email you a copy of the Clinical UM Guideline. This is what they use as a “checklist” when they review your file. It would tell you their requirements for approval. I have Anthem BCBS and my first consultation was on 8/26/22 and my surgery was on 11/2/22. I didn’t have to wait a specific amount of months to get approved by my health insurance, I just had to get the clearances which were scheduled and spaced out 2 weeks between each visit.