Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss after gastric sleeve - 2 months out



Recommended Posts

I've lost 70 lbs in 2 months. I thought that was great, but now I'm anxious about the scale.< /p>

Before having the surgery, I didn't even a scale because I didn't want to know. Now, I've been told I have to monitor it.

I get anxiety now every time I gain 1 or 2 lbs! Is that normal?

Makes me feel like I'm not doing something correctly. [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-F916U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your weight loss!

People fluctuate all day every day.

Weigh yourself less. I weigh myself every Monday (my surgery day) Then you don't see the fluctuations, you only see the loss.

Edited by kcuster83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much. This is my first post. I'm sort of an introvert. I appreciate your advice. I'll definitely weigh myself less. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those gains aren't anything to worry about as our bodies always gain and lose weight depending on all kinds of things, and it's almost always Water. Some weeks I can go up 6lbs in water weight. Which is why I think it's best to check once a week, and if you have a gain which keeps trending up over a month+, chat with your dietician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

70 lbs in two months is a PHENOMENAL loss - way more than most people And the others are right - a pound or two here and there is likely just Water, not true weight. Just weigh once or twice a week - then you'll just see the downward trends and not the day-to-day fluctuations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to weight myself every day... that was a huge mistake and a huge disappointment, now I only do it every 10-14 days, just to make sure I am staying on track.

Like kcuster83 said, we all fluctuate, especially women, so don't stress yourself out.

70 pounds in 2 months is Awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SmolGojira said:

Those gains aren't anything to worry about as our bodies always gain and lose weight depending on all kinds of things, and it's almost always Water. Some weeks I can go up 6lbs in Water weight. Which is why I think it's best to check once a week, and if you have a gain which keeps trending up over a month+, chat with your dietician.

Ahhh. Water weight. I'd forgotten about even thinking about that. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MountainClover said:

Congratulations on your fantastic loss!! I only weigh once a week.

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuziDavis said:

I used to weight myself every day... that was a huge mistake and a huge disappointment, now I only do it every 10-14 days, just to make sure I am staying on track.

Like kcuster83 said, we all fluctuate, especially women, so don't stress yourself out.

70 pounds in 2 months is Awesome.

Thanks! I'm glad to know I'm not stressing unnecessarily. I don't even want to weigh myself anymore. Lol

Edited by Icey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ve done amazingly well so far. Congratulations.

Ok, breathe. Weight loss is never a straight downward line. It goes up & down, plateaus, goes faster at times, slower at others. As long as your general trend is downward you’re golden. We all have a natural fluctuation too from hormonal changes, Water retention, constipation/diarrhoea. It’s just how our bodies function.

Don’t let the scales rule your life. You know best how to manage it - weigh every day or less frequently. I weighed every day until I stabilised now I weigh every second or third day but that’s what I need to keep myself honest & on track.

Don’t forget to that what you weigh on your scales will likely be different to your doctors. Different scales, you’re weighed at different times, after eating/not eating, dressed or not, etc. Also scales are not 100% accurate all the time.

A few weeks ago my scales said I weighed 136.2kg & that was after I changed the batteries. It initially read 151kg - about three times my weight. Yes I did have heart palpitations for a second or two. Since it wasn’t the batteries, it may have been the days of extremely high humidity or that it was just time they went to God. I bought a new set … which weigh about a pound heavier than the old ones. ☹️

32E0E1AE-20CD-45A5-B02C-F8B8011B8B32.thumb.jpeg.994405f2c5f978d5d942e925201e7add.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arabesque said:

You’ve done amazingly well so far. Congratulations.

Ok, breathe. Weight loss is never a straight downward line. It goes up & down, plateaus, goes faster at times, slower at others. As long as your general trend is downward you’re golden. We all have a natural fluctuation too from hormonal changes, Water retention, constipation/diarrhoea. It’s just how our bodies function.

Don’t let the scales rule your life. You know best how to manage it - weigh every day or less frequently. I weighed every day until I stabilised now I weigh every second or third day but that’s what I need to keep myself honest & on track.

Don’t forget to that what you weigh on your scales will likely be different to your doctors. Different scales, you’re weighed at different times, after eating/not eating, dressed or not, etc. Also scales are not 100% accurate all the time.

A few weeks ago my scales said I weighed 136.2kg & that was after I changed the batteries. It initially read 151kg - about three times my weight. Yes I did have heart palpitations for a second or two. Since it wasn’t the batteries, it may have been the days of extremely high humidity or that it was just time they went to God. I bought a new set … which weigh about a pound heavier than the old ones. ☹️

32E0E1AE-20CD-45A5-B02C-F8B8011B8B32.thumb.jpeg.994405f2c5f978d5d942e925201e7add.jpeg

😁 Your post was both hilarious and relatable. I'd glanced at the scale and it said I'd gained almost a stone! I panicked and almost threw the scale. I don't quite have the hang of this "monitoring my weight" thing as of yet, and I don't want to. However, I know it's a necessary evil. This is a fancy, schmancy electronic scale that you cannot put on the carpet (or it'll be inaccurate), and that connects with an app on my phone to tell me my BMI and keeps track of my weight loss/gain.

Evil thing, indeed.

Thank you for everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×