Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is mango juice allowed 1 week post op

In most cases, yes, however depending on the surgery you had and your own personal tolerances it may have too much sugar, and you may want to Water it down.

Avoid fruit juices. They are practically pure sugar since they contain minimal pulp. Eat whole fruit instead--assuming fruit is allowed on your bariatric plan.

update your profile to show some info... Like weight, height, surgery type you had or are going to have and so on... because the types of food may differ depending on the surgery you get... Like sleeve can pretty much eat anything once you fully recover. Bypass is a bit different because of dumping syndrome.

I was told no fruit juice either not even 100% juice no added sugar ones. Takes several pieces of fruit to make a glass of juice. You get all the sugar but don’t get all the nutrients & benefits of the whole fruit. So it is better to have a single piece of fruit when you are allowed.

But check with your dietician.

Honestly I did buy a small bottle of all juice no added sugar when I was out shopping early in my 2nd month as I had a sudden drop of energy & some hypoglycaemia. I had a couple of sips but it was awful - far too sweet. I learnt then to carry a bottle of diluted hydralite with me whenever I left home.

My plan with Kaiser says no. I'm 41 days out in stage 5 & they still advise to not drink any sugary calorie filled drinks.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, Sunnyway said:

Avoid fruit juices. They are practically pure sugar since they contain minimal pulp. Eat whole fruit instead--assuming fruit is allowed on your bariatric plan.

I don't know of any plan that is going to allow whole fruit *one week after surgery*. I personally wasn't allowed to eat fruit for 3 months.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:08 AM, liveaboard15 said:

update your profile to show some info... Like weight, height, surgery type you had or are going to have and so on... because the types of food may differ depending on the surgery you get... Like sleeve can pretty much eat anything once you fully recover. Bypass is a bit different because of dumping syndrome.

sorry i don't know how

On 11/8/2022 at 4:08 AM, liveaboard15 said:

nevermind I figured it out thanks!