Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had the Beltline Procedure?

I am a 2x revision patient, starting with LapBand in 2011, followed by VSG in 2019 due to severe Lapband complications, and finally GBP in 2021 after even more complications with the VSG. I have been fighting the good fight for ELEVEN YEARS now, and trust me when I say I was so ready to give up many times during the process, but I am so glad that I never did!

I am officially down 152 lbs, and have been maintaining within 3-4 lbs since Feb 2022. I am to the point that I am ready to start looking into plastics. After so many years of fighting to get to where I am, I love the way I look and feel.... when I'm fully dressed. But seeing all the loose skin is a hard mental hit every single time. All the work, tears, pain, determination.... it all feels like it's for nothing when I see the destruction it all left behind.

After a lot of research on various options, I am heavily leaning towards the Beltline procedure due to the amount of work that will need to be done. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would love to hear all about it! Pros, cons, horror stories, success stories... I want it all!

I believe some practices call this a circumferential abdominoplasty or even a lower body lift (correct me if I am wrong) Either way it’s fabulous.
At my surgeon’s recommendation, I staged my plastics to do the front first (abdominoplasty and mastoplexy) then the back (posterior body lift and misc.) so it was essentially the same in the end. I am very satisfied.

Pros:

*Very good at removing all latitudinal excess skin
*One surgery so one healing period.
*Completely worth it.

Cons:

*If you gave any longitudinal play you’ll a need fleur de lis also (or something along those lines).
*Rather large incision so you’ll need to protect it from tension in a lot of areas. *Cost more than just abdominoplasty alone.

One small piece of advice- go with the most skilled/accredited surgeon (within your budget) that consistently delivers great results on bodies that looks like yours.

Good Luck!

6 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I believe some practices call this a circumferential abdominoplasty or even a lower body lift (correct me if I am wrong)

Lower body lift includes even more. Butt lift, mons lift and conturing the outer thighs.

One small piece of advice- go with the most skilled/accredited surgeon (within your budget) that consistently delivers great results on bodies that looks like yours.

This is important. Usually surgeons try to show their patients pictures of bodies that look at least kinda similar to their own.

not sure if the beltline procedure is the same as a lower body lift or not, but I had that (a lower body lift). As sommerset said, that includes front, back, mons area, and outer thighs. I went back a year later and had a breast and arm lift.

recovery is kind of slow - I had a lot of pain with my lower body lift for the first few days (although they sent me home with pain killers, which helped), but after that, it was mostly just discomfort for a few weeks. I don't remember the arm/breast lifts being very painful, just uncomfortable - but again, the recovery was kind of long.

that said, I'm thrilled with my results and would do it all again.

P.S. I just googled this. I couldn't find "beltline procedure", but I did find "belt lipectomy" - sounds like it's the same thing as the lower body lift. So yes, I had that..

Edited by catwoman7

I am looking into this as well as my second plastic surgery, but more of a finish since I had a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck already. Love the results of that, but where it stops on my hips I have sagging hips and we won’t talk about the backside..😅 I am thinking of combining with a thigh lift as well. Let me know if you end up doing this surgery, because I’m interested!