Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery today! Nov 3

I slept till after four am! Better than I thought.

Today is the day! I gotta be at the hospital at 8:30 a.m. (45 min drive which isn’t bad for my rural area).

I got nerves! My life is already better by loosing 90 lbs this calendar year, over 100 in less than 18 months. Good things gotta be in store for me. It’s my time to live life and be happy and not embarrassed about my size all the time.

good luck to all going through pre op, post op or surgery today, or even just preparing… we are all in this together.

YAY!! You have done so much self care and preparation for this you will NAIL IT!

I look forward to seeing your progress!

Best of luck, wishing you a fast safe recovery!

thanks :) in the car going to the hospital (husband getting energy drink.. lol.. doesn’t bother me if he eats or drinks in front of me so far)

will try to update later!

Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you're well through the operation and out the other end now. I wish you a speedy recovery and a great result. You've done such a good thing for yourself. 😍

You've got this!

Congrats!! Hope today has gone well for you! Hope you're feeling okay post-op. Keep us updated!

no energy for big update. ok. having some pain. walking sucks but makes things better. didn’t expect to burp with every sip, even if i know i wasn’t swallowing a lot of air

4:25 am, Nov 4 2022 - update

still kinda hazy but sleeping good between overnight between med staff visits. lots of meds, antibiotics, antiemetics, Tylenol, gabapentin, neurotin, .. they tried to give me insulin and i refused. i am non insulin and blood sugar only spiked to 177 post surgery (blood sugar spikes with body trauma) from106 pre op…

pain when i stand and sit back down.. but tolerable… minimal pain when walking carefully… i walked as soon as I could and that made gas pain dissipate quick so far (horrible chest pressure for a while but is 80% gone.. but i am starting to feel it in upper chew and shoulders again since o was laying flatter to sleep… sitting up at more of an angle for the rest of the night)

there is pain/discomfort with most sips (lots of pain when i accidentally gulped once.. lesson learned) but it passes in a few seconds. general minor pain and discomfort in abdomen, kinda like a minor sprain… i didn’t do extra pain meds in the afternoon but took it in the evening and a few mins ago…

the one ounce cups are amazing for control. use them!

minor nausea sometimes passes fast but they are loading me up with anti nausea meds due to a family history of severe nausea after surgery (my first procedure under a general besides endoscopy)

was not prepared for the fact that i would burp with nearly every sip (even purposely keeping air out of mouth and sipping approx 5 ml at a time! and there is 30 ml in a one ounce cup - so not much) no pain with burp but is reducing gas pain i think.

one more pain saving tip: IV potassium sucks but get an ice pack to put on arm IV area to reduce the burning and pain the infusion causes. Huge difference in comfort.

…. hope this helps take the mystery out of some of the after… :)

surgery at approx 12:30 pm November 3rd

surgery ended approx 1:45 pm November 3rd

discharged from hospital 11:00 am November 4th.

I walked out of hospital from my room (by choice) and to the car-

sore. exhausted, loopy a little still. incision areas are very visibly bruised today. largest (2.5 inch approx ) is only incision area I can “feel”

overall better than i expected

Yes! No one ever prepared me for the excess bubbles whenever I ate/drank something. I'm a month out & it still kind of happens! Good thing it doesn't hurt or anything. Hope you're good!

I had surgery on the same day. About an hour earlier than you. Are you having trouble with left shoulder pain. I was told it was from the CO2 but I am still getting stabbing pains only in my left shoulder. Hurts way worse than my incisions.