Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a November surgery pal

We'll, I had my gastric bypass yesterday,. Been discharged from hospital. Haven't needed pain meds since midnight. Feeling really good! I hope everyone's surgery & recovery is as easy as mine has been! Having all of you people to talk with & learn from, really made a significant success in how I went into this! Thank you! and love you!

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow they only kept you one night? They kept me 2 nights with the sleeve. I had mine on Wednesday. I have had pain killers once since I let the hospital. I am having trouble trying to get all the fluids down, but I feel pretty good.

I had bypass surgery on the 1st. I'm feeling pretty human today and will try to sleep without the pain meds tonight. I had a drain port and that was taken out today. After that was removed, I've felt much much better. I'm not having a problem with liquids but Proteins just don't agree with me at all. I'm hoping since I can move to milk based drinks tomorrow that will change.

Hi everyone! Just had surgery on 11/10 and am in liquids until Wednesday. Overall I’ve just been very lethargic but wondering how long other peoples bloating and general swelling from the surgery last?

1 hour ago, Courtney* said:

Hi everyone! Just had surgery on 11/10 and am in liquids until Wednesday. Overall I’ve just been very lethargic but wondering how long other peoples bloating and general swelling from the surgery last?

Gastric Bypass on the 8th. Glad to hear you have to stay on liquids only one week! Mine is 2 weeks 😩

The swelling and bloating caught me by surprise. I didn't realize how big my belly would get! Then after 2 days it stayed swelled but sunk big time with gravity. Felt like I was carring a pouch of melting Jello. Now completed day 6 and the swelling is down about 80%. I can actually reach in and feel my ab muscles again.

I too was lethargic but kind of expecting that after surgery. I did my little walks but other than that I did exactly what I planned to do for the first 3-4 days: Nothing. Geting energy back now a little each day.

Keeping up with the fluids and Protein but am totally sick of Protein Shakes. Unfortunetly, I am stuck with this liquid diet for 9 more days. I was getting too obsessive with an intake schedule and worrying about counting ounces. Now I just eyeball it and go with the flow.

Not hungry BUT would love to have taste of asiago cheese right now. Speaking of that, someone should make sugar free Jello with a cheesburger flavor 😁

1 hour ago, Old Salt said:

Gastric Bypass on the 8th. Glad to hear you have to stay on liquids only one week! Mine is 2 weeks 😩

The swelling and bloating caught me by surprise. I didn't realize how big my belly would get! Then after 2 days it stayed swelled but sunk big time with gravity. Felt like I was carring a pouch of melting Jello. Now completed day 6 and the swelling is down about 80%. I can actually reach in and feel my ab muscles again.

I too was lethargic but kind of expecting that after surgery. I did my little walks but other than that I did exactly what I planned to do for the first 3-4 days: Nothing. Geting energy back now a little each day.

Keeping up with the fluids and Protein but am totally sick of Protein Shakes. Unfortunetly, I am stuck with this liquid diet for 9 more days. I was getting too obsessive with an intake schedule and worrying about counting ounces. Now I just eyeball it and go with the flow.

Not hungry BUT would love to have taste of asiago cheese right now. Speaking of that, someone should make sugar free Jello with a cheesburger flavor 😁

I am in the two weeks liquid faze also and am dreaming about the puréed stage. I can’t stand the Protein Drinks but I am drinking them for my health. cheese would be great right now

14 hours ago, Old Salt said:

That’s helpful to know! I’m still on liquids two weeks but “full” ones starting Wednesday and can not wait. Even if it’s just thicker Protein Shakes 😆 I’m also not really hungry but man I want real food so bad.

I am on day 2 of my two week liquid pre op. I keep telling myself if I made through day one I can make through day two and on and on.... I am taking it one day at time. I am treating it like being in recovery from any other addiction, one day at a time. I am also praying my way through this whole process. Surgery is Nov 28th.

1 hour ago, Merri Beth said:

I am on day 2 of my two week liquid pre op. I keep telling myself if I made through day one I can make through day two and on and on.... I am taking it one day at time. I am treating it like being in recovery from any other addiction, one day at a time. I am also praying my way through this whole process. Surgery is Nov 28th.

It will get easier, trust me. By day 4 it was bearable but the first 3 days, I was wondering if everyone who said it gets easier was just lying lol

I'm on day 9 and get hungry but drink Water and it goes away then my shakes once some time has passes. I also do Jello and broth in between.

Hi,
I’m going have my surgery in less than two weeks November 7 - looking for a few pals with the same surgery date or month. I’m going to have the bypass.
Had gatsric bypass on 11-9-22. Down 25lbs total (including preop diet weight loss)

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app