Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fDL tummy tuck done Tuesday

Holy moly friends. I survived the first night at home!!! This is kind of rough BUT I cannot wait to see results. They took 6 pounds of flesh off me!!! I mean holy moly is all I can say. It took two years to lose the 105 pounds so if your a slow loser have faith in the process. My hubby as VSG in june and I’m jealous because he is losing it so much faster than I did :)

Congratulations the worst should be behind you now. I am just a tad jealous.

Congratulations!! I assume you get to take a peek at the work at your follow up?? Hopefully that’s not too far away.

I go back on November 9 for a follow up and Hopefully drain removal. I’m a picture nerd so he did take photos of the skin they removed. It’s pretty graphic but I think it’s super interesting.
In the meantime I will just be praying the first poo goes well!

1 hour ago, summerseeker said:

Congratulations the worst should be behind you now. I am just a tad jealous.

Well right now there isn’t much to be jealous about. I’m grounded to the recliner for 3 weeks and walking around like I am a 90 year old woman!! But it will be worth it in the end.

I'm 3.5 years out and still haven't decided whether I want to do a Tummy Tuck (as well as a "neck lift" or whatever they can do to eliminate the loose skin hanging below my chin). I'd be interested to hear from any men who have done so and whether they were happy with the results.

I got to take all the bandages off yesterday and I took a good look for the first time,like a really good look.

First I couldn’t believe I actually have hip bones, I’m pretty sure they have been in hiding since 1989.

Second, I think they took me seriously when I said I wanted to bounce a quarter off my tummy. It looks amazing but the back pain for walking all slouched over is REAL!

Lastly, I have a cute, scabby, discolored belly button and I can’t wait for the scab to fall off so I can really appreciate all its beauty!

I am 51 years old and really went back and forth about this because of my age and I was really worried that it wasn’t going to be worth it…..

people hear me when I say, if you have the opportunity to go for it, do it. I cried on and off today for no other reason than pure joy!

413D62F7-3F14-4773-AD54-7AB2B654D9F2.jpeg

1E8DE5CF-D395-4C27-BBEC-3A38D5C81CA9.jpeg

Yes, you look great! I had a FDL Tummy Tuck along with an extended arm lift and a breast lift on August 24. The first few weeks are brutal, no lie, but you’ll be better so soon. I was questioning my choices at 3 weeks out but you’ll be back to normal in no time. I was able to go back to work after 2 weeks, light exercise after 4 and full running after 6. Now at two months out I’m back to my pre-surgery running speed and distances.

They took 5 lbs off me, and man is there a huge difference now that the swelling is over.

They were prepared to do a full FDL but he said after they got in there he felt a partial would give me great results. I can’t imagine having arms, thighs or butt done at the same time. The first week was rough! Now I don’t have pain but uncomfortable and tightness :)

Yeah the tightness keeps on for a while unfortunately. I wasn’t so fortunate, the worst part of my loose skin was right under my boobs for whatever reason. I had huge flaps of skin that drove me nuts. The FDL connects with the breast lift, so basically if I’m standing with my arms out the incisions are like a giant capital I from elbow to elbow and hip to hip, and down the middle.

Plus as a side bonus I ended up almost 8 lbs lighter than my pre surgery weight, so look forward to ending up lighter than when you started!