Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had bypass but I eat fruit.

Watermelon, apples and grapes mainly but I have had a few strawberries too.

It is minimal but I have had these fruits from time to time. No issues.

pre op but i plan to incorporate fruit in my diet again post op. many have great Fiber and other nutrients. going to limit fruit juices.

I loved fruit pre-op and I was very anxious to eat it afterwards. However, I've noticed that I can't eat a lot of it. I buy pre-cut fruit salads (pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, strawberries) from the grocery store, but I can only eat 4-5 pieces of fruit before my sleeve tells me, woah buddy, that's enough.

bypasser here. The first few months after surgery I pretty much stuck to a few berries that I tossed on top of my yogurt - but I eat all fruits now and have ever since I hit maintenance.

13 minutes ago, somerscl said:

I eat fruit, but I wasn't sure if it'd prevent me from losing...

Sent from my SM-S426DL using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, I do. And no, it will not. We didn't become obese by eating fruit and it absolutely will not prevent weight loss. Learning to break these types of "diet mentality" habits and thoughts is really critical to long term success. Its really important to not approach WLS as just another "diet" where you have to determine good/bad foods, foods that are safe vs off limits, etc. But rather learning to eat WELL to nourish your body for long term health & wellness, which includes ALL foods (assuming you can tolerate them, of course).

I eat fruit pretty often. If I have a sweet craving I always try to satisfy it with fruit first. It usually works.

I have only just had enough room in my tummy for fruit. I struggle with skins so peel everything. So, grapes are off my menu, no time to peel a grape. I eat 4 or 5 small meals a day and to up my calories and give me more energy, I drink a homemade milkshake every day. I still like banana and Peanut Butter in my milk. Breakfast is a Protein yogurt with raspberries, or porridge and banana. My fav small snack is a sliced peeled apple with an ounce of cheese. I have always eaten loads of healthy fruit. I tend to buy what they label kids fruit, small apples or small snack packs of cut fruits. A normal pack means lots get wasted.

No food is off my menu if I can stomach it. Will I ever eat rice, noodles or Pasta again? I don't know this. I don't want to be on a diet anymore. I just want to keep my restriction to limit me.

i was so upset to find out after surgery that so many fruits are very high in carbs and sugars. I have avoided them or only eaten a tiny amount

I eat fruit every day - mainly berries but also occasional apples and pears and melon. I don't have any problem processing them (I have been so lucky when I see what some people here have gone through). Loads of veg too including carby veg like root veg. Portions are small and I separate the fruit out from my main Protein meals but I like to eat it every day, and I think I always will.

Bypass here, I eat fruit most days. I pair (pear ha, ha) it with a Protein to prevent dumping, usually for only one meal a day (dumping worries). I like that fruit has Vitamins, fiber, and Water to make me feel very satiated.

I ate fresh fruit around month 3 months after surgery. Usually watermelon at first as an afternoon snack. Then I added berries & grapes. I added some dried apricots to my rolled oats occasionally but found them too sweet. Check with your dietician though as fruit with seeds & coarse skin aren’t allowed in most plans for the first months.

In maintenance I initially ate most any fruit again as an afternoon snack. Now I tend to only eat blueberries with my rolled oats at breakfast & rarely any other fruit though with summer coming I’ll probably have some cherries & lychees. Fruit is my main source of sugar cause I cut so much out of my eating. Eating really only one serve of fruit a day is my personal choice not because I can’t.

I don't know why but I'm kind of nervous to eat fruit. I focus so much on my macros that I don't want to throw them off with a carb loaded food item. BUT I'm fully aware it's irrational bc a portion of fruit will always be healthy to eat. I just need to get over it.

You will fill up on your Protein. After that, I eat most anything. I am still losing, but slowly.