Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What irritates you?

Guest ruprplxd

Oh DeLarla, do I ever have some insane family members, always in my business, I wish they would take care of their own problems instead of making some for me.

And okay, okay I get it, I will have to deal with the fact that I can't ever get wasted and have food at the same time.

Estela, I have always thought like you about the liquid thing. I guess you could drink before & a little during (knowing you may pb) but keep in mind your lose may not be as great as it would have been if you followed the rules. It will be my greatest hurdel once I am banded. I say that as I sit here and drink a delicious Diet Cherry vanilla Dr Pepper. Cold & Bubbly. I will miss them the most- so I am filling up now ;0)

I definitely know that if I get this procedure done, the only person i'm telling is my boyfriend and maybe my sister (in case i die in the surgery she can tell everyone). Out of my entire family including extended...I am the fattest one. My family is brutally honest with each other and I don't want to hear more criticisms or worse...insulting compliments.

"Oh Trop, your stomach is FINALLY reducing. Maybe now you can find a man"

Ah, yes, insulting compliments. Here are two that have become cliché; I bet lots of you have heard these from someone:

1. You look like a different person.

2. You look so good, I didn't recognize you.

Gee, thanks!

How many times have you heard (pre-band) "you have such a pretty face?" (And people say it almost with pity....) I'm wondering if after losing the weight will people say "You have such a cute butt" with that same look of regret.

Hee, hee.....can't wait!

I hate that restaurant drinks thing

I hate it when the waitress asks you 100 times, are you sure you don't want anything to drink? I usually order Water (if it's free) just to shut them up

I have heard the pretty face one so many times.

And I know what you mean about the drink thing at restaurants. I too ask for Water (with lemon) and it just sits there, of course. The waitress also wonders why I didn't finish my meal, wasn't it good, I can get you something else? Then I say it was fine, are you sure? Let me please bring you something else, NO I'm fine, thank you..... Gets annoying after a while.

drink a delicious Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. Cold & Bubbly.

Boy, Oh Boy do you have some nerve, that's what I miss the most, my cold & buddly cokes. Will you drink one for me??? PLEAASE>>>

I was at a restaurant once and it happened to be a tight night, so I had a few bites of my food and that was it. The waitress asked me like three times if everything was ok, was I sure something wasn't wrong. I went to the restroom and she came by while I was away and asked my boyfriend if there really wasn't something wrong. I don't care who knows about my surgery, and he knows this, so he explained it to the waitress so she would quit worrying.

It's the only time I've had anything like that happen, so it didn't really bother me. It was kind of funny.

For the drink thing, I usually order a drink when the waiter/ress first comes by and I sip on it until dinner arrives. It keeps me from munching (for the most part) when everyone else gets appetizers.

For the most part when people talk about this being the easy way I just shrug my shoulders and say "even if it is, so what". Although... I haven't actually seen my dad's side of the family since I had this done. Dad claims they are happy for me, but we'll see. lol. They are also the "nevermind what's going on in MY life, let's talk about YOU" (but not in a good way).

What recently irritates me are the "lapband police." They occasionally post on LBT. They think they have more information about what you should eat or not eat than your own surgeon. They are not afraid to tell you either.

Joanie, I hope I haven't posted anything that comes across as the "lapband police" I don't think I have seen your posts. I could be wrong.

I will say, sometimes I have to take a break from the forum when I get frustrated. I would really hate to go off on someone lol. Usually the frustration starts when someone new to the board or band asks a question before reading the board's past postings first. I want to say "How many times dadnabit do people have to post not to do something before you realize you are not suppose to do that with the band!!!!" Or they have a problem that has been addressed 100x on the board already. Some people have more patience then me I guess. I try to search past boards before posting new topics.

But, I will say, I am not going to lecture someone on how much weight they have/have not lost, or how much/little to excercise. I have enough problems on my own as far as that goes.

What is really bad at a restaurant too, is when you get something stuck. Your eyes are watering and you start looking funny to the other customers and waitress. Then they start looking at you like "Maybe we shouldn't eat here, I wonder what she ordered?" My husband usually says over and over again.....are you okay? are you going to be sick. Passerbys here it and wonder what is going on. Then, you go to the bathroom hoping that no one hears you. Usually, those are the times the bathroom is packed. (FFR's-always look for bathrooms before ordering and make sure it is not a single only). The worst thing--when a perfect stranger lectures you on how she use to have a friend that had Bulemia........yes, that actually happened.

We have a tradition at work of taking a collection & sending flowers when someone is out on a medical leave. When I was out, I never got any. When I got back, someone told me a collection had been taken up but nixed by someone in the group because it was ELECTIVE surgery. I am still PO'd.