Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What irritates you?

Guest ruprplxd

This one really irritates me. I can barely handle sipping my Water slowly, and feeling full after a couple of sips. Its like....water making me full? Huh? Well, anyways, I am getting used to this band thing still. My husband comes and sits down next to me with leftover pizza and begins eating it, and breating through his nose really loudly, and I was completely disgusted!:cross-eye I was horrified! :eek I almost suggested to him that he needs a band too, but I held back.

Now that REALLLLY irritates me! People who eat food I want to eat-when I want to eat it-and they eat it LOUDLY!:cheeky

Joan

Loud eaters are gross! Even at my fattest, I was very conscious about eating noises. My husband makes all kinds of man noises, too. But I'm not afraid to tell him! Sometimes I get mad that I even have to tell him, so I simply pick up my plate and walk in the other room. Then he wants to know why I'm leaving, so I tell him he's grossing me out. That always makes him slow down cuz he wants me to sit with him. Same with stupid man TV. I stopped nagging years ago cuz it didn't get me anywhere. Now I leave the room, which offends him. He wants me near, so he changes the channel.

I think the most annoying person so far that knew about my surgery, not because I wanted her to know, but, she was my boss and she knew I was having surgery, she saw the fax from the Gastric band institute, so, it kind of said it all. (Of course, even after 100x telling her she, was convinced I had the bypass (an annoyance in itself)

Here's what she said

I have a friend that would really benefit from the same surgery you had. I don't know if I should recommend it to her, because you don't look like you have really lost enough weight. You are my guinea pig experiment for her.

Gee thanks!!! lol

The cancellation of the NHL Season irrates me.

And generally what people have to say to me or about me whether it is negative or positive doesn't irrate me. I always feel people have the right to speak thier minds. Then someone here really irrated me by making a very small statement in a post about me and I went into a month longer inner irratation. Now that I remember that they have a right to speak I have gotten over it. So back to jut the NHL being irrating to me.

Other then that I am very open about what I have done and how it is going for me. If my friend who finally told me about his had been a little more open with me I'd have been banded sooner. Being so open has resulted in several people I have had contact with looking into the band and having it done. So far not one has regreted it and all are doing well.

Yeah the ahhhhh , oh you had the surgery to lose yours is a biggie!

I run 5 days a week and lift 3 days a week, still diet and use my band. I paid for and went under the knife for help. All these things wre not sacrifices? pleasssssssssse!

I do wish I'd never told a soul at work. Just family.

I have just recently started telling people I had the lap band surgery. I was in the "fat" frame of mind where, every time I lost a significant amount of weight, people would compliment me and say how good i looked. This was always sabotage! I would figure, "hey if i look this good now, why do i need to lose moer?" Happens every time! And back the pounds would go. So, even though we will most likely keep the weight off this time, I still did not want to hear all that yet. Now that I have lost about 67 pounds,, if people ask, I tell them, and more than happy to share the secret gift I've been given of a new life!

Guest Allie Lee

Hi Everybody, I am brand new here but have been reading your postings for a day or two. Thanks for all the insight! I am scheduled to be banded March 10 in Kirkland, WA by Dr Montgomery. A lot is on my mind, I don't have to tell you, and one of the biggies is: Who gets to know?! I have told my aunt and 2 best girlfriends and that feels like 3 too many... and yet I want to share how excited I feel! And I need a ride home from the procedure! Your postings have helped me decide the fewer, the better. I'd like to know whether - in general - each of you wish you had not told so many people? Thank you for all the support you give us timid strangers out there, peeking in.

Allie_lee...your not a stranger anymore...you made a fatal mistake posting. your one of us now and we don't let go easy...

Still need that ride keep posting some bandster somewhere near you wil offer you the ride home from your proceedure.

Welcome to our family here and best wishes for a smooth proceedure and a quick recovery.

Hi Allie Lee, we're a friendly bunch. How about going to the introductions and tell us a little bit. Like how much weight would you like to lose. And Greg is right, you just might find a fellow bandster to give you a ride home from the hospital. We're everywhere! Hope to "talk" w/you more on LBT.

Hi Allie Lee! Welcome! I believe Dr Montgomery will be doing my band as well. (don't quote me on that...) But definately NWWLS... (http://nwwls.com/ ) If you still need a ride, PM me and we will see what we can set up.

Guest Allie Lee

Wow, you guys are wonderful. This is my first chatroom. Is that what this is called? Or bulletin board... You guys make it feel much nicer than it sounds.

OK, I will go and get partly naked in the Intro section as I was so nicely invited to do. Gee, where to start?

Vinesqueen, thank you kindly. I would like to meet with you sometime. I am fairly confident I can get somebody to drive me, I just am not ready to tell people yet. I guess that is why they schedule us a month out...

Thank you for the big three cyberhugs.

It aggrivates the heck out of me when I say I've had weight loss surgery and the first thing anyone says is, "Oh, I know somebody that had that done, OMG, they had all these problems or they lost tons of weight so fast". Then I say, Oh no you don't know someone that's had this done, I was the first in the area to have this done and this is NOT what your friend had done, I didn't have anything rearranged or cut off.

Allie Lee, I have been pretty conservative about who I tell. Maybe 11 people in all, but only people I was absolutely positive I could trust to be discreet and supportive and so far, it's mostly worked out. There is one person I'm glad I told, but a little worried, too. She is MO and when she asked how I lost the weight, I told her. I feel that is almost my duty. She had the surgery, which is why I'm glad I told her. But she also started talking to me about it in a public area at work, which freaked me out. I had told her I wanted it kept private.

nancy