Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any folks with a December surgery date traveling for Christmas? Mine is on the 5th and I want to make a 3 hour drive to visit family for the holidays. It’ll be about 18 days after my surgery. Any insight on traveling after surgery?

I’m interested to know this as well - I have the same surgery date and was planning after my two week check in to go stay with my parents roughly 3 hours away until the new year. I know they cautioned us about seat belts while our incisions were still healing but that’s all I can recall.

I was told by my doctor/ team that I couldn't drive for about a week and while in the car to have a soft pillow to help ease the pain while wearing the seat belt. I would suggest to still talk to your doctor/ team and see what they have to say after your surgery to make sure everything is okay with your healing process.

On 11/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, Egall90 said:

Any folks with a December surgery date traveling for Christmas? Mine is on the 5th and I want to make a 3 hour drive to visit family for the holidays. It’ll be about 18 days after my surgery. Any insight on traveling after surgery?

I had surgery on the 22nd and flew back on the 24th, my doctor said it was fine because it was less than 2 hrs. If I was driving which was roughly a 3-hour trip, they told me to stop every hour and walk for 5 min since the main issue in the beginning is blood clots. I think you should be fine but confirm with your surgeon just in case he has a different guideline, I'm also on lovenox to avoid blood clots.

6 minutes ago, Cospringsmama said:

December 1st is only a couple days away! I’m starting to get nervous because it’s become so real. Getting the gastric sleeve done in Mexico!

very exciting! mine is on 12/14 and i am feeling the same... excited and nervous. who is your doctor in mexico, if you don't mind me asking?

On 11/29/2022 at 11:41, Marni Connolly said:

very exciting! mine is on 12/14 and i am feeling the same... excited and nervous. who is your doctor in mexico, if you don't mind me asking?

I hope I did this right? I don’t know how to reply? But I am going to Dr.Zavalza in Tijuana.

1 minute ago, Cospringsmama said:

I hope I did this right? I don’t know how to reply? But I am going to Dr.Zavalza in Tijuana.

I don't know either, but hey, it works... lol. I am going to Dr. Fok in Tijuana. I am actually going by myself, so I would love to hear how everything went for you over there as far as the transportation, etc. Just nervous about that mostly... I hope everything goes amazing for your surgery!!

Surgery cancelled due to full hospital. Not happy. They think sometime next year. I'm sure it will be after my insurance resets and I have to meet deductibles again. Good Luck and best wishes to all.

Hi, I am scheduled for Dec. 7th am on day 3 of liquid only diet. It’s not too bad so far, my fear is afterwards trying to drink everything my dr wants me to drink. So many horror stories I read makes me really scared.

Ohhh let’s be surgery buddies..mine is 12/12!! Funny thing is I don’t have to do the pre op diet this go around but I will be..I’m starting a 14 day detox on 11/26 and going meatless for November! Congratulations to you!! We got this [emoji1491][emoji1491][emoji1491]
I am having a vsg on 12/12! We can be buddies if you'd like!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app