Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As funny as it sounds it really sucks that I have lost my butt! It hurts bad! Sitting down for some time hurts. Getting up after sitting for a bit hurts… any tips? Anyone have a cushion that helps them with this? Will it get less painful when I loose more weight up top?

Literally my only complaint of this process…

LOL, enjoy the pain. (actually a seat cushion)

Okay this may or may not sound ridiculous but I assume if it is really hurting it may be a solution. They actually sell underwear that it made to wear under jeans to make your butt look better. I know they are pretty cushioned cause my aunt bought them for under her costume when she was Olivia Newton John one year. I am assuming they have different levels of padding where they would be more practical and less cosmetic. She got hers at Walmart so I’m guessing you can find them anywhere. I just realized that you are male so you may or may not want to wear these under your clothes but for the ladies these are seriously something I would consider if I lost all my padding. They didn’t look fake or anything. For the OP, I would definitely consider a cushion for when I was sitting long periods of time. Maybe one of those donut like ones to take the pressure off your tail bone. But for the record I just googled it and they do sell boxers and briefs with the padding in them for men too so idk it may be worth considering.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I had to get a pillow for my office chair - it became unbearable. This, along with getting up to move/stretch frequently helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EBDV9BU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had this problem for awhile after surgery. It got better eventually with the office chair. We went to a music festival this weekend and I sat on the hard ground for hours. I couldn’t sit for two days! Not even in my recliner lol

Wait until the butt pain starts radiating up your spine. That happened to me at work & it was horrendous. Took a few days to realise the cause was my bony butt not that I had done something to my back.

Three years on & it’s a little better in that I can sit for longer periods of time without discomfort. Must have developed some calluses on my ass. Ha! Oh & I’ve been doing some exercises that are supposed to boost your butt for years & I still have no ass. Nothing there at all.

Donut cushions are probably best as they protect & take pressure off your coccyx. Oh, & I bought a thick exercise mat from Kmart a few months back because I was struggling a lot doing sit ups which I’d added to my nightly routine (pain from the bony ass & bony spine). It’s a thick foam about a centimetre thick. Made a huge difference.

14 hours ago, Veritas34 said:

As funny as it sounds it really sucks that I have lost my butt! It hurts bad! Sitting down for some time hurts. Getting up after sitting for a bit hurts… any tips? Anyone have a cushion that helps them with this? Will it get less painful when I loose more weight up top?

Literally my only complaint of this process…

So sorry you lost your butt, lol

I'm on my way to losing my butt. It's quite weird. I never thought this would happen to me, but it's okay, fat burning is a good thing, and I can't wait until I can build muscle back! 🏋️‍♀️

that's pretty common. Usually it gets better over time. I bought two coccyx cushions - one for my office chair and one for my car. I retired four years ago, but I still have one in my car for when I take long trips (and I'm over seven years out...)

I never had a butt, so yea.... haha

BUT! The last little bit I did lose doesn't seem to effect me too much. Mostly sitting on the toilet seat it kind of grinds into my butt bones and isn't comfortable.

I will say the way my skin dropped I actually look like I have more of a butt now than I ever did. (in clothes! hahah)

Squats.

Lol Thanks for all the answers... It does suck... I just ordered a cushion hope that helps for my desk chair...

This is the worst still! I can not sit for longer than 20 minutes anywhere .

This is the worst still! I can not sit for longer than 20 minutes anywhere .
Dude, I feel you! I always had a big butt I'm currently trying to tone and add muscle to that area but sitting is a real problem for me. I was wondering if it was just me so thanks for posting. It's nice to know I'm not alone

UGH I sat on concrete arena seats & it felt like my bones were being grinded down haha. PAIN