Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I just saw a video about this! The doctor explains that some people just have the 'tube' part of stomach bigger than others. Some have longer & wider ones. I attached a screenshot of a drawing he made showing how 2 different sleeves can look & why some can eat more than others Screenshot_20221011-231223.jpg

On 10/9/2022 at 6:04 AM, skinny44 said:

I'm on my 5th week post op GS , my eating is very strange , I can eat what I call wet foods , blueberry,Beans,Soup, strawberrys , I tried eating to poached eggs and I got nausea and ended up vomiting up the egg

Sent from my LE2123 using BariatricPal mobile app

I still haven't vomited but I will have gerd like symptoms if i am not careful. I don't think I can eat 2 eggs regularly. I can pretty much eat anything now as long as it is soft, and I chew a lot. I am a little over four weeks.

so i had my first meeting with my medical team. we talked about pain management, nutrition, Fluid consumption, Vitamins and exercise. so far everything is going very well I am able to consume all my shakes and vitamins in correct amounts. I brought up my concerns about amount amount that I'm consuming and they told me that it is ok. When i transition to soft food I should keep three meals and two snack through the day. keeping meals about 250-325 grams about a 1 cup to 1.25 cups. to eat slowly and keep drinking fluids all day.. separate food from liquid about 30min apart. weighing foods it a great way to keep amount within range. I am using an app to track my food and nutrition and I am consuming about 900-1000 cal per day and I could increase to max of 1200 to help with my feeling very tired. My body is still healing and being tired is part of it also. getting rest and napping is common for most people after a drastic surgery. at the end of our meeting I ended feeling very good about my progress and my team is proud with my results and look forward to our 3 month meeting where we will follow up with blood work.

7 hours ago, Leo segovia said:

so i had my first meeting with my medical team. we talked about pain management, nutrition, Fluid consumption, Vitamins and exercise. so far everything is going very well I am able to consume all my shakes and Vitamins in correct amounts. I brought up my concerns about amount amount that I'm consuming and they told me that it is ok. When i transition to soft food I should keep three meals and two snack through the day. keeping meals about 250-325 grams about a 1 cup to 1.25 cups. to eat slowly and keep drinking fluids all day.. separate food from liquid about 30min apart. weighing foods it a great way to keep amount within range. I am using an app to track my food and nutrition and I am consuming about 900-1000 cal per day and I could increase to max of 1200 to help with my feeling very tired. My body is still healing and being tired is part of it also. getting rest and napping is common for most people after a drastic surgery. at the end of our meeting I ended feeling very good about my progress and my team is proud with my results and look forward to our 3 month meeting where we will follow up with blood work.

Sounds like you are doing great. I had my meeting on Friday too. I am down 30, they want me to do South Beach again but they said I can do low carb as well. I started exercising today actually but I am having those fall asleep tired moments still too. I am averaging about 7-900 calories. Protein and vitamins are good but Water is something I am still struggling with.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:42 PM, nymisc said:

Sounds like you are doing great. I had my meeting on Friday too. I am down 30, they want me to do South Beach again but they said I can do low carb as well. I started exercising today actually but I am having those fall asleep tired moments still too. I am averaging about 7-900 calories. Protein and Vitamins are good but Water is something I am still struggling with.

Thank you I am feeling great and doing quite well. I the last two days I have increased my calories to 1100 up from 900 or so and I feel the difference. Quite quickly. I am going to continue with my thick Soups and when I feel I can't consume enuff Water I add a bit to them to thin a bit and voila water consumption is mostly solved. I'm also doing the crystal lite added to my water. Pink lemonade and I also add organic lemon juice ( just lemon juice no extra nothing) to it to add extra flavor. Avoid the real lemon it horrible filled with sulphates. Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep it up! Don't forget your Biotin and collagen for heathy skin and hair. I found it has helped me so much. I have seen results in 4 weeks because I have not started to loose hair and my nails and skin are great. !!