Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquid soup favorites ...

I had broccoli cheddar and ate around the chunks (I was out), but I am sure you can blend it all up. I also had Tomato Soup, was warned to try a small amount by my Dietician because sometimes the acid is intolerable freshly out. I didn't have any issues so I had it a few times.

I also bought random Soups and drained them and drank the broth while others ate the rest so it wasn't wasted. This allowed for different flavors.

They make just cheddar soup! Campbell's makes a reduced fat one.

I strained all the Soups I ate, even the cream ones, to ensure there weren’t any random bits of meat, vegetables or herbs. Use a fine mesh one.

I liked cream of chicken soups best or would stain the noodles out of chicken & noodle ones.

Cream of chicken, chicken noodle, pho, beef broth and anything that was in my reach. All strained or mashed down

I like the cream of chicken and the broccoli cheese Soups but I strained the chunks out with a mesh strainer. Walmart deli has soups that are similar to Panara. They have quite a few flavors now. I like the panara broccoli cheese better than the Walmart one but some of theirs are just as good.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Idk if you're in texas or not. But we have HEB and I got their meal simples Soups and just put them all through the blender adding a little extra either Water or non fat milk depending on the Soup. I'm currently on full liquids post op as well. I have had baked potato soup, chicken tortilla soup, Tomato and basil soup, green chili chicken soup, green chili chicken corn chowder, and chicken noodle. I didn't strain any of them. I just threw each one in the blender, added a few tablespoons extra Fluid and pulsed until smooth smooth. I needed flavor! Lol.

On 10/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, kellyarw95 said:

Idk if you're in texas or not. But we have HEB and I got their meal simples Soups and just put them all through the blender adding a little extra either Water or non fat milk depending on the Soup. I'm currently on full liquids post op as well. I have had baked potato Soup, chicken tortilla soup, Tomato and basil soup, green chili chicken soup, green chili chicken corn chowder, and chicken noodle. I didn't strain any of them. I just threw each one in the blender, added a few tablespoons extra Fluid and pulsed until smooth smooth. I needed flavor! Lol.

I am starting my liquids prepping for preop trying to prepare myself. I love Japanese Steakhouse clear soup and found this recipe I used beef consommé and chicken better than bouillon both - thought I would share below not a lot of Protein but just really https://www.livingchirpy.com/japanese-clear-onion-soup/

It's not actually "soup", but one thing I really appreciated having at that stage was "Millie's sipping broth". It's basically like a tea bag, but instead it's herbs and spices. Maybe a little pricey for what it is, but they are very tasty. I mostly just used them to help me get my liquids in, but if I was also needing a Protein boost, I also added them to my homemade Bone Broth. Both ways worked well. My fave was probably the Pho, but the Spicy Tortilla is also very good.

Edited to add:

They are available here on the Bariatric Pal Store, as well as Amazon, etc.

Edited by SpartanMaker

I gave my neighbor my beef broth as it has little Protein versus chicken. He brought me French onion Soup the next day. Strained out the onions. Fabulous. I used dry powder milk to make the Campbell cream of chicken soup. Strained Csmpbell and Lipton soup. Added some Buffalo or curry spices to them to add variety.

I’ve bought two large containers of egg drop Soup from my local Chinese restaurant to last me. It’s so delicious and the ribbons of egg are extremely soft and fine for my stomach to digest. I’m loving it. But I certainly can’t wait for the puréed stage.