Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me again . 5 days out now since rny surgery. My taste Buds have changed so much since the 2 week liquid hell a d now this week I am really struggling everything is so sweet on this clear liquid diet I can't take it anymore. I can't deal with the taste of brothe or the clear liquid Soups either. I'm am considering chewing some meat tonight and spitting it out just to get the flavors. Did anyone else feel this way or do this ? Chew n spit ?

Sent from my SM-G991B using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I've been feeling exactly the same. I'm day 19 post op and as so sick of liquids. I've been craving savoury foods so I've been living on different Soups and adding different flavours like soy sauce to get some variety. sSimilar to you, anything sweet makes me feel sick. I don't know the answer but just want to say hang in there!

Try Protein Water if your taste buds are messing with you. I found most things were too sweet or too salty. I didn’t have a Clear Liquids stage only liquids so I could have cream Soups instead of the too salty broths. And I diluted the shakes (doubled the water) to reduce the sweetness. I actually took advantage of the too sweet taste & killed my desire for anything ‘sweet’ for the long term by not introducing it back into my eating.

How many more days are you on clear liquids? Maybe give your team a call to see if you can add non clear liquids earlier? Then you can add cream soups, milk, drinking yoghurt, etc. Better to do this than do the chew & spit which is really just a doorway back to bad eating habits.

Are you sure you’re really hungry? While some don’t lose their hunger most do. If you are wanting to eat a specific food, taste or texture that’s head hunger. Real hunger feels different: no craving, no associated emotions (like frustration, anger, boredom, sadness), etc. You’ve been through & are going through a lot so it’s understandable to want something you used to enjoy & made you feel better.

All the best.

I bought all kinds of different Soups and strained them and drank to broth. This allows for lots of variety and different flavors!

Someone else would eat the Soup chunks so they were wasted.

You have to stay strong and stick to the program. If you cheat at this stage, when you can eat, you will be cheating then and losing the effectiveness. Try taking some different foods and puree them so you can eat. At this point you should be able to puree any vegetable, eat pea Soup, puree some tuna or chicken etc. I was eating foods like this at this point without a problem. How about Tomato Soup, cream of mushroom soup etc, etc. There are many options that can keep you satisfied. You can also get some Protein Powder that is unflavored and mix them into these things previously mentioned.

I agree with Tony, cheating like that is setting you up for bad habits later.

There are so many seasonings and flavors out there that even liquid diet doesn’t have to be boring! Experiment with new spices and flavor profiles to add flavor without being chunky or big calories.

here is infographic guides that may help you spice up your food and make it more palatable

https://www.cooksmarts.com/articles/ultimate-infographic-guide-spices/

(of course be careful with seeds, spicy items etc until you are cleared for it)