Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally i can buy clothes again

So before surgery i was 317lb and i am 5'4 so i am a short guy and so i was very wide. My old pants size 54 which i could never find anywhere. No store carried them unless i went to a special big and tall store. So i normally wore elastic shorts. It was very frustrating when i needed to buy dressy clothes or even anything to go out in. Now i am at 230lb and my pants size is now 42. Which i can easily find everywhere. I went shopping today and bought some new stuff and was excited when i went to the fitting room and the size 42 fit perfect and my shirt size which was almost 4XL. I was 3XL but stretching it because no one sold 4XL. and now XL shirts fit me.

Today i am going to see my best friend who i have not seen since before surgery so she can see the difference lol.

That is fantastic !! You have really changed your whole life. Excited for your progress and success!!

Are you doing more activities now than before surgery? Are you following any diet or just careful moderation?

3 hours ago, KimA-GA said:

That is fantastic !! You have really changed your whole life. Excited for your progress and success!!

Are you doing more activities now than before surgery? Are you following any diet or just careful moderation?

Thanks :) not a ton of activities because i work so much. But on my days off i like to go bike riding. I am off tomorrow and plan on going. Hoping to ride around 20 miles or so. as for the diet i mainly eat meats, eggs, and for sweets i enjoy the Quest Peanut Butter cups. They taste like reeses.

Great job!

Yeah I love wearing stuff that used to not fit and now it fits or is even big on me. I've gone through all my clothes that I had when I was smaller and even stuff I wore after my first surgery (I was sleeved in 2016, lost a lot and then gained back and had revision in 2021), now I need even smaller stuff.

Originally I was a 2XL shirt and those were starting to get tight, now I'm a Medium (!!) and down about 10 pants sizes as well. I've been getting my stuff at the thrift store because I don't know if I'll outgrow them (undergrow?) and they'll end up being too big. Once I reach my final weight and size I'll do a shopping spree.

Is it not the best feeling, just fitting in with the crowd and not standing out. There are so many shops that I could buy from now that all my adult life has not stocked my size. Like @Tufflaw I buy from Ebay or second-hand shops as I go down the sizes so quickly. Now I need a winter wardrobe, so I am on the lookout for that.

I wonder if your friend will know you. Lots of people in my small town don't know its me anymore. Long live our new lives

Congratulations!

It is so exciting to have to buy clothes (although gets costly, haha)

I was wearing clothes until it was impossible, shirts so big they were falling off my shoulders. Constantly pulling up my paints or even holding them up while I walked. HAHA! Dropping weight so quickly, I would have been buying clothes every month. It got annoying and I started buying or wearing clothes a smidge tighter or more fitting than I am comfortable in. Like I feel like some of my shirts are a little more snug than preferred and people can see my blobby saggy skin. HAHA

BUT! I will say, I have noticed that since I started wearing well fitting clothes EVERYONE NOTICES the huge change. I went out this weekend and wore a shirt that was (IMO) a bit too fitting. I wasn't totally comfortable in it. But, I knew I would be standing/walking most of the time so my stomach/skin wouldn't be squished out making it tighter (if that makes sense)... Anyway... friends posted pics they took on FB and when I saw myself i was like WHOA LOOK AT ME!!!! I had multiple people comment on the pics about how great I looked, people even texted me congratulating me and sending me inspiring messages!

Even after loosing almost 140 lbs I just recently could see it in other people pictures, like if I took a selfy I could see it but when other people took full body pics I still see the same ol fat girl. Then I went out with my bestie for sobriety celebration and when I saw the pics I was like woo look at me getting skinny. haha Although, I still see the fat girl a lot!

This weekend's pictures are when I REALLY saw it. Fitted clothes, jaw line.. who is this woman!

Congratulations to ALL OF US! We put in the work!

Last weekend I was in a larger city and I went to some stores that I’ve heard of but never shopped in, because we don’t have them in my city. It was nice to know that all these upscale and trendy stores carry my size and I would look good in them. Now the problem is that they are too expensive for me. 😅. I guess I’ll keep buying stuff off of poshmark anyway.