Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning is the big day. I'm so nervous now. I've been emotional today and almost 2nd guessing my decision. Anyone else feel this way before surgery?
Sent from my SM-G986U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Valerie, my surgery is in 3 days. I therefore declare you my surgery buddy! ;). Don't let those jitters get in the way of the reality that you're likely making one of the best decisions of your life. It'll be my first ever surgery so I'm a bit nervous, but mostly excited. Please keep me updated I hope it all goes great

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I think that's pretty common. I've always gotten freaked out before surgeries.

This will be my 15th surgery I think? (Obviously not weight loss surgery, but lots and lots of other body parts have needed repair. 😁) It's super normal to be feeling anxious right now. I was worried about every one, and I'm not a worrier. Heck, I'm worried right now about my bypass and I still have 3 and a half weeks to go!

I felt pretty much the same (in fact my first post here was on this very same topic). I was anxious, nervous, second-guessing my choice, and nearly backed out. My VSG was on the third of August and I already am glad I went through with it.

You are not alone in feeling this way and it’s completely normal. Just relax and remember that this forum is full of good people going through the same things, and full of good information.

I was nervous on one hand but on the other I was glad to be getting surgery cause it meant I was one step closer to being able to eat. Yes, it was a staged return to a new normal which was healthier choices and smaller portions but I was glad to be even one tiny step further away from that pre op diet. Maybe it’s sorta crazy that’s all I could really think about but I was hungry. Lol. On a serious note, it’s major surgery and I would be a little concerned about you if you weren’t a little worried. Just try to focus on WHY you are getting the surgery. If you are still having a hard time check out the weirdest non scale vicotories and the what is your why threads. Both will help you think about all the little things that will get so much better and easier that you have to look forward to.

My surgery is first think Monday morning the 29th. I always look at things as an adventure and know I’ll experience new things and meet new people while there. Any day I could be in a auto wreck or have something happen. I just am cautious, and do what I can, so we all picked good Surgeons and they have good staff supporting them. So I don’t worry about things I have no control over and just look at the adventure.

My surgery is scheduled for Monday morning (August 29),and I’m nervous as well. I’m also excited about this journey I’m about to embark on. WE got this 💪.

Edited by TabRob

I was nervous, but more that I may fail despite the surgery. In the old days, I knew those who had open surgery for the same thing. I couldn't get myself to even consider that but now that Laparoscopic/Robotic surgery made it so much safer and it is an extremely common surgery, I couldn't wait.