Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for 8/16 sleeve buddies!

Hi!
I am due to get sleeved NEXT Tuesday (8/16) in westchester county. Looking for some same day sleeve buddies to compare how we’re feeling before/after surgery!

On 08/11/2022 at 19:53, KaitlynAnne93 said:

Hi!

I am due to get sleeved NEXT Tuesday (8/16) in westchester county. Looking for some same day sleeve buddies to compare how we’re feeling before/after surgery!

I’m
In Westchester too!! Surgery scheduled for 8/24. Where are you having your surgery?

2 hours ago, KaitlynAnne93 said:

Hi!

I am also getting sleeved on 8/16!!! Looking forward to it with great anticipation as I approach a new life!!!

I'm getting sleeved on the 16th and I had my last pre-op appointment this morning. I can't work out if I'm dreading the surgery or can't wait for it to get here.

On 08/11/2022 at 21:12, KaitlynAnne93 said:

Awesome! I had to do a 2 week liquid diet so on day 10. I honestly thought it would be so much harder than it is. How are you feeling?

Over all, things are going pretty good. No real hunger but head hunger is getting to me today.

I had my pre-surgical consult with anesthesia today. I go for my covid test Saturday … then my blood thinner injection Monday and surgery Tuesday.

Im excited to get things underway…. But I’m also very nervous.

On 08/11/2022 at 21:53, Watchjulshrink said:

I’m

In Westchester too!! Surgery scheduled for 8/24. Where are you having your surgery?

NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital Hudson valley. And you??? What doctor are you using?

On 08/11/2022 at 22:29, mkellee said:

I am also getting sleeved on 8/16!!! Looking forward to it with great anticipation as I approach a new life!!!

That is EXACTLY how I feel. So ready for the next part of a new life!

08/12/2022 04:26 AM, LookingForward22 said:

Over all, things are going pretty good. No real hunger but head hunger is getting to me today.

I had my pre-surgical consult with anesthesia today. I go for my covid test Saturday … then my blood thinner injection Monday and surgery Tuesday.

Im excited to get things underway…. But I’m also very nervous.

What did you do for pre surgical consult with anesthesia? I didn’t have to do that. Not the blood thinner either. Hmmm

On 08/12/2022 at 16:09, KaitlynAnne93 said:

What did you do for pre surgical consult with anesthesia? I didn’t have to do that. Not the blood thinner either. Hmmm

Their office called me to go over my medications and make sure I stopped anything I needed to stop prior to surgery. They asked me about my history with prior surgeries and anesthesia - if I had any problems. Asked me if I had any cold symptoms and then they had a Dr call me back to explain what to expect that day.

They will do most of that again the day of but during the first call they said they do it prior to the surgery so they can make sure they get medicine ordered I will need in the hospital ordered (my regular prescriptions), tell me which to take the morning of and to skip as well as give me a chance to ask questions.

The blood thinners vary by practice, dr and sometimes patient. I know blood thinners are protocol for my program (it’s in the book) but amount and duration varies by patient.

I was scheduled for 8/19. Received a call Monday and they asked me If i was willing to switch to 8/16. This is my first time having surgery. The amount of anxiety i'm having I haven't slept in about 5/6 days

On 08/12/2022 at 16:07, KaitlynAnne93 said:

NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital Hudson valley. And you??? What doctor are you using?

Having it in Greenwich Hospital. Using Dr Prasad with AMI surgery

1 hour ago, samc622 said:

I was scheduled for 8/19. Received a call Monday and they asked me If i was willing to switch to 8/16. This is my first time having surgery. The amount of anxiety i'm having I haven't slept in about 5/6 days

Surgery isn't bad at all. And if you follow Dr's orders it goes better after. I haven't had this kind before but I've had approx 40 surgeries. 20 just to keep walking. I'm 63 and I'm not worried. I'm just looking forward to the result! :) I need this to stay healthy and to enjoy life. And I plan on doing both!!! I've wished this were possible for years when my Dr said insurance would cover I about jumped for joy. Relax as much as you can. It'll make it easier. I'm also on 8/16. And am.nearly to cou ting hours I'm so happy. You got this!!!