Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

decided to try a little meal prepping today. Rarely ever get to prep because i work overnights and sleep all day lol. for the next couple days i am working afternoons so freed me up.

One has flank steak, another has grilled chicken and the other pork tenderloin. Each with onions, peppers and brown rice.

been having issues trying to find sides to go with the meat. I hate most veggies lol.

IMG_7469.JPG

Edited by liveaboard15

Ooooh, I'll take the flank steak and the chicken!!!! Those look really good.

3 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

been having issues trying to find sides to go with the meat.  I hate most veggies lol.

what are your thoughts on asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts? Adding some spinach to your sautéed onions and peppers would help with your nutrients. I see it's lacking the color green. Oh, you could blanch kale and make a low sugar slaw to go with your meals.

Another great swap is 4oz or less of baked/roasted sweet potato in exchange for your rice.

Edited by LilaNicole20

45 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

what are your thoughts on asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts? Adding some spinach to your sautéed onions and peppers would help with your nutrients. I see it's lacking the color green. Oh, you could blanch kale and make a low sugar slaw to go with your meals.

Another great swap is 4oz or less of baked/roasted sweet potato in exchange for your rice.

I hate broccoli, Never had brussel sprouts. As for asparagus i love it. Kinda curious tho on how it is once i reheat it in the microwave. As for sweet potato i meant to grab some while i was shopping and i completely forgot.

17 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

I hate broccoli, Never had brussel sprouts. As for asparagus i love it. Kinda curious tho on how it is once i reheat it in the microwave. As for sweet potato i meant to grab some while i was shopping and i completely forgot.

Oh, that's fantastic news about the brussels... you know why? because that means you don't have a negative affinity for them and therefore it is really important that when you do try them - we have to make sure they're cooked well and in a manner that will draw you to them. I think brussel sprouts are best when they're cooked asian style. If you have a PF Changs near you, they have amazing brussel sprouts. My suggestion is to start there. And now, they're fatty the way they're cooked, almost fried. But as an introduction to what is possible, I'd start there. As for asparagus, they will reheat just fine in the microwave, but I would suggest cutting them up as you package them in your meal prep - because they will get increasingly soft and the spear will be mushy.

Broccoli can be dressed up similarly to the brussels. I really like using SoyVey terriyaki sauce in my cooking and the sambol olek crush red chili sauce with some sesame oil. Kind of makes it like a stir fry. There is sugar in the SoyVey though so you want to be mindful of that.

Edited by LilaNicole20

Lila Nicole has some great ideas about the veggies. I am sorta like you though. I like only a few veggies. I don’t mind having the same ones over though. I don’t eat a ton of variety. I eat kinda like a kid. Lol. PS those meals look yummy.