Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Skinny Pasta

Anyone heard of It's Skinny Pasta or rice? I had some tonight and it was great! Less than 5 calories a serving!!! No Carbs or Sugar! Im almost 2 months post op and I thought this would be okay.. Anyone have it before? How is it for us?

Open IMG_12215555.png

Edited by Veritas34

Probably look at this once your at or close to maintenance. One of the issues with rice & Pasta is that it swells in your now much smaller tummy & fills you more quickly. They also don’t provide a lot of nutrition. So say if you can only eat about a cup of food & the majority of that is likely Protein & it should all be nutrient dense food, can you risk not being able to eat what you need to eat because you ate some rice or pasta & are full?

Try some zucchini noodles in lieu of pasta & cauliflower rice in lieu of rice.

never seen that at the grocery store here. Looks interesting tho. As a nice side dish instead of always just meat meat meat. it gets old lol

2 hours ago, Veritas34 said:

Anyone heard of It's Skinny Pasta or rice? I had some tonight and it was great! Less than 5 calories a serving!!! No Carbs or Sugar! Im almost 2 months post op and I thought this would be okay.. Anyone have it before? How is it for us?

Open IMG_12215555.png

I would definitely wait until you are farther out though because they are pure Fiber and it may cause problems if it's too early on. I buy konjac (aka Shirataki noodles) from online Asian stores (Weee or Yamibuy) and eat them all the time on those never ending hungry days. They are far cheaper at those stores than on Amazon, just a couple of bucks. I put them in Soups, stir-fry them with all kinds of sauces. There are a ton of recipes online. They are even great in a simple recipe, for example, with butter, garlic and parsley.

I used to eat lots of these products before surgery, especially the noodle and rice types. They fill you up and have very few calories.

I have some ready in stock for when I can eat more than my Protein and vegetables. I also found some dried protein Pasta this week. Enjoy

I eat a few bites of noodles every once in a while. I might have to check these out.

I think right now I don't eat them enough to matter about the calories. haha

Everything works for every one differently. You do you, if it works for you fantastic!