Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

On 09/08/2022 at 08:29, JustAMomATX said:

Here we go! Started clear liquid pre-op diet today for surgery tomorrow (time TBD but likely early morning). I so appreciate all that have reported on their experiences - I’m getting a little more nervous by the hour. 😨

My doc does it outpatient but it sounds like everyone else has had at least a night in hospital?? That’s also making me nervous, like maybe I will have trouble at home and should be in the hospital. I’m going to check some other threads and see if outpatient is normal.

Thinking of everyone pre-op (good luck to you!) and all that have already gone (hope you are having and/or continuing an easy recovery!). I’ll report back on how it all goes tomorrow!

I’m out patient As well. My doctor said it pretty well depends on how far away from the hospital you live.

Sending prayers! You got this!

Oh my goodness I missed so much! How do I get notifications when someone posts in this thread??

This is me on my way to my pre-op appt. I have a feeling he's going to want me to start the liquid diet.
Surgery is Sept 20...getting excited!20220908_093323.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have my first appointment Sept.15! I’m excited but anxious too! I’m a self pay patient which makes the wheels move much quicker, but the financial commitment is huge! I have very severe arthritis which has been exacerbated by my obesity. I’ve dieted my whole teenaged to adult life and have lost weight before, but I never quite made it to the “finish line.” My whole life I’ve served others and was happy to do so, but this decision to go through weight loss surgery is all about me and my health. I haven’t made my final decision on which procedure to have, but I’m leaning toward the sleeve. So glad there is a forum….I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions as I go along…especially for any of you my age-ish (57).

1 hour ago, kellyarw95 said:

Oh my goodness I missed so much! How do I get notifications when someone posts in this thread??

There should be a pinkish "follow" button near the top of the thread

There should be a pinkish "follow" button near the top of the thread
I found it! Thank you!!

4 hours ago, Veebee64 said:

I have my first appointment Sept.15! I’m excited but anxious too! I’m a self pay patient which makes the wheels move much quicker, but the financial commitment is huge! I have very severe arthritis which has been exacerbated by my obesity. I’ve dieted my whole teenaged to adult life and have lost weight before, but I never quite made it to the “finish line.” My whole life I’ve served others and was happy to do so, but this decision to go through weight loss surgery is all about me and my health. I haven’t made my final decision on which procedure to have, but I’m leaning toward the sleeve. So glad there is a forum….I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions as I go along…especially for any of you my age-ish (57).

I just turned 53 and I'm right there with you! When my doc asked,
"have you been heavy your whole adult life?", I realized that the answer was YES. I had never even thought about it in those terms before. Even with losing 30 lbs here, 70 lbs there just to gain them back, I still could only answer YES....I've read lots of books and this forum is SO GOOD. Good luck on your journey!

7 hours ago, loli_lotus said:

My surgeon said I could be outpatient depending on how I feel, but mine was at noon and the anesthesia absolutely didn't leave my system for hours, definitely not in shape to leave early, even with a family member. I hated my hospital stay but I'm glad I had it. Not saying you should lie, but definitely stress to the RNs if you're feeling pain and discomfort.

Well, that definitely helps me! I just got the call that I have to be at the hospital at.....wait for it......4:45AM. So, I guess they are having me stay all day rather than doing the overnight thing. I may not sleep tonight - I have to drink my pre surgery drink one hour before arrival - pretty sure that's the middle of the night LOL! Thanks for the feedback - I'll look for more updates from you. Hope all is well.

Hi everyone! Welcome to all those that have joined recently, and I'm thinking of all of you that have had surgeries already!

Those of you that are sharing your experiences, thanks a bunch! It is helpful to hear real stories and experiences while I'm waiting for my surgery day - Sept 15.

I start liquid diet tomorrow. Picked up my pre-surgery wash today and paid the balance. I'm self -pay... ouchie! It's getting real now!!

Blessings, love and light to you all!!

On 9/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, tx2az said:

Had my VSG yesterday. Came home today. No nausea, no pain (of course that may pop up) lol

Now on to the Stage one for 14 days. - broth, and Premiere Protein Shakes, SF 1 popsicle . 1 SF Jello.

So stinking proud of you! Feeling like a failure in comparison (not really…we are all different) but I am so glad you could skip the nausea. It is truly the worst. Congratulations!!!!

I’m happy that you didn’t experience any nausea or pain. I’ve asked GOD to cover me and I’ve also prayed for no complications, nausea, or pain as well. It’s getting closer for me. My surgery date is Monday September 26. Not too sure how to feel right now

Hello everyone I am new on here. I have my surgery September 20th. I’m not so much nervous anymore after reading some of the positive posts on here. I’m really struggling with the 2 weeks post opp and having to mainly drink only Protein Shakes majority of the week. Can anyone give me some advice please the day’s that I only can drink Protein shakes I still be hungry. What else can I try any advice please?

2 minutes ago, Shayam30 said:

Hello everyone I am new on here. I have my surgery September 20th. I’m not so much nervous anymore after reading some of the positive posts on here. I’m really struggling with the 2 weeks post opp and having to mainly drink only Protein Shakes majority of the week. Can anyone give me some advice please the day’s that I only can drink Protein shakes I still be hungry. What else can I try any advice please?

You may be surprised that you aren’t as hungry as you think. The Protein in the shake should fill you up for quite a while. I am a year and a half out and I still have a Protein Shake every morning and it fills me up until lunch. I do this by choice and obviously wouldn’t if I was hungry. Now protein does nothing for head hunger though. Are you allowed sugar free popsicles or Jello? Those helped me to feel like I was actually chewing something which I missed during my post op liquid diet

I’m apologize I meant to say pre op instead of post op.