Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

New here also . Sept 12. I am purchasing a few items as well as a cookbook to give me ideas for meals post-op

On 08/20/2022 at 17:08, Eleanx said:

New here also . Sept 12. I am purchasing a few items as well as a cookbook to give me ideas for meals post-op

There are about 4 of us September 12 people now! What is everyone planning for a last meal? And those of you who have already started what did you eat for the last meal???

Garlic chicken and Rice, or Steak and Baked Potato, One of these will be my last meal before pre-op diet.

Edited by Eleanx
Didn’t check for errors

I am still on the fence with mine. I am not sure if I want steak or pasta!

1 hour ago, Slwhurst said:

There are about 4 of us September 12 people now! What is everyone planning for a last meal? And those of you who have already started what did you eat for the last meal???

We had Mexican food from Filiberto's. So good and the portions size are huge. My husband and I always get1 entre and chips with salsa, which is actually pica de gallo. Started the pre-op diet on last Wednesday. Surgery is Sept 1. My ID stands for Texas 2 Arizona, so yep, I had to have Mexican food. lol

Edited by tx2az
incorrect spelling

2 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

My surgery's not till the 20th, but I'm not really planning anything special? A "last meal" makes it sound like I'm dying or something, but I think of this as more of a re-birth. Is that weird?

3 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

What is everyone planning for a last meal?

We are having steak, asparagus and shrimp scampi! To me it's a celebration of a big change in my life. I don't think it'll be the last time I can eat these foods, but it will be a long time and much smaller portions. I'm actually looking forward to the smaller portion aspect of it. I've always wanted to be a person who ate small amounts and was satisfied, Now I'm less than a month away from that reality yay!

Hi everyone I'm booked in for surgery 2nd September. Currently on pre op diet

So for those already on the pre op diet how are you getting around wanting to nibble while you cook for your family? I am a single mom and if I don’t cook my child will starve to death but I always nibble while cooking!

39 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

So for those already on the pre op diet how are you getting around wanting to nibble while you cook for your family? I am a single mom and if I don’t cook my child will starve to death but I always nibble while cooking!

Tough one. I've not had to deal with this in a long time (my kids are grown), but here's some things I thought of: Make stuff your kid likes, but you don't, chew gum and keep your Water close by and reach for that instead.

You could also start now and reward yourself (non food, of course), whenever you make it through the day without doing this.

I think ultimately it's just a mental game. You have to convince yourself that your goals are more important than this habit and consciously tell yourself not to nibble as you cook. Try to be more aware of when you are doing it and why. Knowledge may help you overcome the urge.