Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

4 hours ago, DownsizieMe said:

I thought we were supposed to stay away from foods with strings (celery, broccoli stalks) that might be hard to digest until 3 or 6 months? Not sure if clementines/ oranges fall into that category, but I have avoided them out of fear. Maybe that is one of the foods that are at the 6-month mark? What does your surgeon or nutritionist say? I would love to hear, as clementines are a favorite of mine, too! Good luck!

I hadn't thought of fruit being something to limit because my dietitian encourages fruit on top of cottage cheese but your question made me go look at my paperwork and it does say to limit orange and grapefruit juice because of its acid content. I'm allowed half a cup of juice a day and they prefer me to eat whole fruit instead of just the juice but I think maybe I'll have to eat less of it just in case. They didn't give a month mark at all, just that it has a lot of acid, so to be careful. Thank you for reminding me that I still have some foods to be careful with. I honestly forgot so I'm happy for the reminder :)

6 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

Well I didn’t do terrible for thanksgiving. I stopped when I felt full and didn’t feel like I over ate. That being said I came in last night and ate a piece of ham. Of course I was ok with the ham but promptly went into a sneezing fit. I sneezed so hard it caused me to puke said ham up… what the crap is that??

I get a sneezing fit, burps or a runny nose when I eat too fast. Not all at the same time and its usually constantly burping for like 10 min but I have had the sneezing too. I have not thrown anything up though.

Y’all I had my last family get together last night and I drank 4 glasses of wine instead of eating… for someone that hasn’t drank in a hot min I don’t feel like I reacted badly. I have a slight headache this morning but wasn’t plastered last night. That side of the family is definitely the dysfunctional side and you need something to get through the night!

Hi I’m 17 days post op of having gastric ballon fitted… I’m still on shakes and soups… anything else I sick up?? Does this get better and when roughly? I go away in 3 weeks and really want to be able to eat normal food? ? I’m debating of having it removed? Any help would be appreciated thank you

Super embarrassed by what happened yesterday. I had 4 viles of blood drawn, ate a small Protein Bar & went to Walmart to exchange a sweater. Guess who was laying on a bench halfway passed out about 20mins later. I should have gone straight home after getting my blood but during my pre-op days a quick snack was enough to give me an hour or 2 of energy. Not anymore.

Thankfully I wasn't alone & my brother brought me an electric wheelchair bc I couldn't walk. My vision & feeling in my hands came back & I was able to walk to the car. Not doing that again

I have been good and trying not to weigh myself every day but today I got on the scale after 4 days of not looking and my weight did not go down, it actually went up .2. I just got done with a 3 week stall 2 weeks ago and mentally I am having a really hard time dealing with possibly being in another one. Its so hard to stay positive when you work hard to do everything as right as you can and then it feels like you are failing. I can't just stay off the scale because I need to know if I'm in a stall so I can at least try things to help but being in a stall is the worst thing ever. I have been hitting all of my goals, have increased my exercise a little bit, not drastically. As in I walk 30 min instead of 24 on the treadmill. I have been trying to do my strength exercises, but not with any actual weights, just my own arms. So its not likely to be an exercise and muscle gain equaling me out. I have been on the low end of my Water and calories so I'll increase both but honestly if I was just on a regular diet right now, I would just give up. I'm glad I can't give up really, so I'm appreciative of the surgery but still sad.

6 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I have been good and trying not to weigh myself every day but today I got on the scale after 4 days of not looking and my weight did not go down, it actually went up .2. I just got done with a 3 week stall 2 weeks ago and mentally I am having a really hard time dealing with possibly being in another one. Its so hard to stay positive when you work hard to do everything as right as you can and then it feels like you are failing. I can't just stay off the scale because I need to know if I'm in a stall so I can at least try things to help but being in a stall is the worst thing ever. I have been hitting all of my goals, have increased my exercise a little bit, not drastically. As in I walk 30 min instead of 24 on the treadmill. I have been trying to do my strength exercises, but not with any actual weights, just my own arms. So its not likely to be an exercise and muscle gain equaling me out. I have been on the low end of my Water and calories so I'll increase both but honestly if I was just on a regular diet right now, I would just give up. I'm glad I can't give up really, so I'm appreciative of the surgery but still sad.

You are doing all the right things - I’m so sorry it’s happening. Stalls suck and really are de-motivating. Good on you, though, to be in Onederland! I don’t have any magic solutions but I hear your frustration and sadness.

2 hours ago, JustAMomATX said:

You are doing all the right things - I’m so sorry it’s happening. Stalls suck and really are de-motivating. Good on you, though, to be in Onederland! I don’t have any magic solutions but I hear your frustration and sadness.

Thank you and congrats to you too! Also thank you for reminding me about how far I've come because it makes me more thankful for the surgery even if the stalls are really really hard.

2 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

NSV y’all!!! I can’t see my stomach past my titts😂😂

image0.0.jpg

Yay! I'm looking forward to that nsv too. Congrats and looking great! You should update your stats since it says you only lost 3 lbs and you have been doing awesome.

I was really scared to weigh myself and get depressed again but I did it this morning and I had actually lost a little over 2 lbs in the last 4 days! Sooo relieved!! Honestly stalls are my biggest mental challenge and I was not ready, so I'm glad that I'm safe for a few more days lol.

9 minutes ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I was really scared to weigh myself and get depressed again but I did it this morning and I had actually lost a little over 2 lbs in the last 4 days! Sooo relieved!! Honestly stalls are my biggest mental challenge and I was not ready, so I'm glad that I'm safe for a few more days lol.

Yay! Congrats!!! Stalls are super discouraging. I had been in a stall most of November and then went to the amusement parks in Florida for a week. Came back to find the 20K+ steps a day must have revved up my metabolism and I finally broke the stall. We got this!

1 hour ago, Garfield1987 said:

Yay! Congrats!!! Stalls are super discouraging. I had been in a stall most of November and then went to the amusement parks in Florida for a week. Came back to find the 20K+ steps a day must have revved up my metabolism and I finally broke the stall. We got this!

Congrats!! Hope we both have paid our stall dues and get to stay away from anymore long stalls forever lol. 20k steps a day is amazing!

Oh I am absolutely exhausted. BUT I will say that 35 lbs ago I would have never been able to walk that much. So it was definitely a big NSV.

Guys this is your que to exit it’s about to be weird. Ladies stick around for the fun!!! So today I decided after work I needed to decompress. Which means self care night! This usually entails a long hot shower shaving exfoliating you know the works. All the things that make us feel normal again. I have lived in this house since 2019 and have NEVER attempted a “bath”. Let’s face it my bathtub looks like it is just big enough to fit a baby hamster in. But tonight I felt like I would give it a shot… I FIT COMFORTABLY!!!! Then to top it off it came time to shave and my cat is visible. I can see her and all her glory with minimal movement!!! I have not shaved with out fear of snagging that beautiful little sailor In so long!!! Let me tell you it was wonderful!!!!