Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

Did you just have surgery yesterday?
Yes I did. Lol. I'm on liquids on the October 13th. Then pureed. I'm just trying to prepare myself.

3 minutes ago, nymisc said:

food is such an integral part of who we are. I teach cooking classes, etc. I decided I was going to prepare for this and bought several Keto cookbooks and I am already planning menus and cooking out of them. Who says we can't enjoy food while on this journey? The head hunger is real though, you are not alone.

You will work on changing your relationship with food. You don't have to give everything up, just moderation. If you are on day one, I am so impressed. I was a mess my first three days.

16 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

Y’all I did it… I cheated on my post op! I am on purée and ate 1 1/2 hot wings… I have been craving them since the start…🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I mean .. how'd it go? I ate the inside of a mozzarella stick yesterday at the movie theater and lived in terror the rest of the night but nothing bad ever happened.

21 minutes ago, kellyarw95 said:

Dudeeee I'm worried about the pureed diet. I'm huge on textures and pureed like textures make me gag how is it?

Texture in my mouth don't bother me, but it's the look of pureed meats that I'm like ehhh. They told me to make it "smooth, with no lumps or bumps" but my food processor wasn't cooperating, so my chicken salad ended up more like finely pulled chicken and tbh it's probably for the best texture wise and it's going down fine once I chew for a million years.

1 hour ago, kellyarw95 said:

Dudeeee I'm worried about the pureed diet. I'm huge on textures and pureed like textures make me gag how is it?

Purées didn’t appeal much to me either. I had to stick with things that are supposed to be purée like the ricotta bake, refried Beans ans mashed potatoes.

49 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Purées didn’t appeal much to me either. I had to stick with things that are supposed to be purée like the ricotta bake, refried Beans ans mashed potatoes.

I have to agree, I tried puree chicken last night and just couldn't eat it. The flavor was ok, but the texture was too sticky and it was even hard to swallow. Refried Beans are my friend, lol

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping. I am almost 3 weeks out and my sleep is horrible. I never had insomnia before.

16 hours ago, kellyarw95 said:

I just had my bypass yesterdyesterday.. is it normal to feel hungry? Like it's just head hunger right? When will that go away??

For me it is not hunger from my stomach. It is what I call my fat brain thinking about food. It is from the bad habits we all form. Recognizing that and falling into bad habit again will be my real struggle. That is why I am so happy I found this group for support and a great place to vent. I hope my words will offer you inspiration and help . You are not alone. The struggle is real and we are here to support you. Best wishes and lots of love. You are going to be better everyday!

9 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

It is like clear liquid but a tiny bit thicker. I do not see it as too different. I think it will be more of a stage where it will offer the chance to consume more calories and give a bit of texture. I'm afraid it will become easier to over eat and I will have to be more mindful of calories. My food tracker will help me contain my consumption and allow me to see my numbers better. I believe it will be my first real test for my fat brain to relearn new habits and become my skinny brain.

How long did it take everyone to meet their Protein goals? I am 4 days post op and STRUGGLING. I'm hitting my fluids no problem, but I'm getting maybe 20 grams of the recommended 60 and it's starting to stress me out. I have no desire to eat anything, so I'll force myself to choke down a small amount of soup... and then I feel so icky and stuffed that the thought of eating that particular thing again makes me incredibly nauseated. I'm only on liquids for 3 more days after today, and I'm hoping that moving to a wider variety of foods will make it easier to hit my protein because right now, it's yoghurt and protein shakes... which I never want to see again in my life. :(

How long did it take everyone to meet their Protein goals? I am 4 days post op and STRUGGLING. I'm hitting my fluids no problem, but I'm getting maybe 20 grams of the recommended 60 and it's starting to stress me out. I have no desire to eat anything, so I'll force myself to choke down a small amount of soup... and then I feel so icky and stuffed that the thought of eating that particular thing again makes me incredibly nauseated. I'm only on liquids for 3 more days after today, and I'm hoping that moving to a wider variety of foods will make it easier to hit my Protein because right now, it's yoghurt and protein shakes... which I never want to see again in my life. [emoji20]

I'm going on day 5 post opp and I can't even hit 40oz of Water a day yet. So good job on that, second ive been having to drink only things with protein in them because of that, so Protein Shakes, protein waters, ect... because of that I also bought Isopure Protein Powder (unflavored) so I can add it to things, maybe give that a try.... but also my doctor said #1 priority is Fluid then protein, so try not to make yourself sick over it, and just get in what you can for now... as you heal it should get easier... if you are still concerned you can always reach out to your medical team and ask questions... best of luck hun [emoji3590]

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I have to agree, I tried puree chicken last night and just couldn't eat it. The flavor was ok, but the texture was too sticky and it was even hard to swallow. Refried Beans are my friend, lol

Yea the puréed chicken made me want to barf. Yesterday I mixed a small spoonful of mashed potato with a bit of mayo and tuna out of a can. Mixed it and omg. So good. I’m allowed have about half a cup of food and I couldn’t finish it. It was delicious.

How much liquid am I supposed to be able to get down at once? I advanced to full liquids today but I'm not having any restriction on it. I'm sipping slowly. Like I'm using a toddler spoon for my cream Soup and waiting 20 seconds ish between each bite. I put half a cup in my bowl. Is it okay to finish that? I'm confused on this liquid part... lol

How much liquid am I supposed to be able to get down at once? I advanced to full liquids today but I'm not having any restriction on it. I'm sipping slowly. Like I'm using a toddler spoon for my cream Soup and waiting 20 seconds ish between each bite. I put half a cup in my bowl. Is it okay to finish that? I'm confused on this liquid part... lol
I moved to full liquids on Tuesday when I was released, and my doctor didn't put any restrictions on me either, when I asked she said that since it gos almost straight threw, just go slow (as you are) and you'll be fine .... so as long as you aren't feeling pain neasua or discomfort from it I'm assuming you are fine to finish your Soup .... if you're worried you can always double check with them

I moved to full liquids on Tuesday when I was released, and my doctor didn't put any restrictions on me either, when I asked she said that since it gos almost straight threw, just go slow (as you are) and you'll be fine .... so as long as you aren't feeling pain neasua or discomfort from it I'm assuming you are fine to finish your Soup .... if you're worried you can always double check with them

This is what I needed to hear!! Thank you sooo much! Yeah no pain, nausea, or discomfort here. :D