Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

Today is the first day I have felt good when I got up. Okay…bad terminology. I’ve been feeling good, but super weak and dizzy from time to time. Today I felt NORMAL! Thank you, Jesus! I’M BACK!!!! 🤣

Sleeved on 9/2…down 29 lbs and I feel good! I was starting to get worried there.

So…vitamins. I am taking the Bariatric Pal Multivitamin ONE. It is not going to be sustainable for me due to the sheer size of the capsule. I cannot fathom taking this every day for the rest of my life. Has anyone found a smaller size? Even if you have to take 2. I just can’t keep gagging this down every day.

Second…anyone try the dinner mints for their Calcium? I originally ordered the calcium pills. They are as big as the Vitamin (or higher) and I would have to take 9 a day! That’s not happening. Was going to try the chews or mints next. Any suggestions?

Hope we are all doing great!!!!

Anyone else in Kentucky?

On 08/01/2022 at 12:50, Slwhurst said:

Let’s all try to keep up with each other and motivate each other!

Great idea encouraging each other!

7 hours ago, La El said:

Today is the first day I have felt good when I got up. Okay…bad terminology. I’ve been feeling good, but super weak and dizzy from time to time. Today I felt NORMAL! Thank you, Jesus! I’M BACK!!!! 🤣

Sleeved on 9/2…down 29 lbs and I feel good! I was starting to get worried there.

So…vitamins. I am taking the Bariatric Pal Multivitamin ONE. It is not going to be sustainable for me due to the sheer size of the capsule. I cannot fathom taking this every day for the rest of my life. Has anyone found a smaller size? Even if you have to take 2. I just can’t keep gagging this down every day.

Second…anyone try the dinner mints for their Calcium? I originally ordered the Calcium pills. They are as big as the Vitamin (or higher) and I would have to take 9 a day! That’s not happening. Was going to try the chews or mints next. Any suggestions?

I am so happy to see this. I am 12 days out, but I do have that weak dizzy feeling still. I am so happy to see that you are overcoming it. I dislike my calcium citrate pills so much; I will be going with the chewable after I finish the ton I have. Right now, I use the Bariatric Melts for Vitamins.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, Slwhurst said:

Hi guys I am new here and looking for September surgery buddies!! Mine is scheduled for the 12th! I am so excited! Who’s with me???

Hi my name is Maria, mine is scheduled for this Wednesday coming the 28th.

How are you feeling?

On 09/24/2022 at 10:25, judy.boop said:

Hi my name is Maria, mine is scheduled for this Wednesday coming the 28th.

How are you feeling?

Doing pretty good so far. I am just ready to move off of full liquid and into purée! Good luck with your procedure! Keep us all updated!

I got my surgery on 9/20 and would love a buddy/buddies - so far I'm good but the fatigue is no joke. I'm not hungry but I feel week. I have been able to drink and swallow with no issues. Would love to hear about others experience - I had the lapband in 2009, removed last year and the sleeve now. I had a great success with band (down over 70 lbs) but gained that plus more once I started having issues.

i had surgery 9/22 and two days later the pain is almost over. i feel like i have just a little bit of gas left over in my belly.

the only thing i’m struggling with is my Vitamins and medications. what do you all use to track everything? i keep getting confused since some of them should only be taken as needed while others we have to take

On 09/23/2022 at 16:53, La El said:

Second…anyone try the dinner mints for their Calcium? I originally ordered the Calcium pills. They are as big as the Vitamin (or higher) and I would have to take 9 a day! That’s not happening. Was going to try the chews or mints next. Any suggestions?

I have my days of good and bad but I am looking for a new Vitamin to. I wish you were closer I would give you the chewable vitamins I ordered I can’t stand them. I still have trouble eating and getting my Protein in but I am trying not to stress out.

So today for the first time since surgery (9/20) I think I felt… hungry? I woke up with stomach pain- really bad. But not like from the soreness or incision. I drank Gatorade Protein and it went away. Then throughout the day it was the same. I’ve never had acid reflux so I am hoping it’s not that. Coincides that today is my first day away from Clear Liquids. I had a Protein Shake, a yogurt, and a cup of baked potato Soup (only the liquid no chunks). The pain came back a few hours later and I had a cup of skim milk for dinner and it went away. Hunger pangs or GERD?

18 minutes ago, TheLosingGame said:

i had surgery 9/22 and two days later the pain is almost over. i feel like i have just a little bit of gas left over in my belly.

the only thing i’m struggling with is my Vitamins and medications. what do you all use to track everything? i keep getting confused since some of them should only be taken as needed while others we have to take

I tried a couple apps for managing my vitamins/meds and the easiest one for me is Medisafe, has options for a set reminder and you can set some medications as take as you need. Putting everything in was a little time consuming but all the apps were like that, and I figured that's the trade off for later convenience. I have the app remind me about my Vitamins at certain times, and then I can go in and easily select "add dose" to add my as needed pain med for example.

2 minutes ago, Garfield1987 said:

So today for the first time since surgery (9/20) I think I felt… hungry? I woke up with stomach pain- really bad. But not like from the soreness or incision. I drank Gatorade Protein and it went away. Then throughout the day it was the same. I’ve never had acid reflux so I am hoping it’s not that. Coincides that today is my first day away from Clear Liquids. I had a Protein Shake, a yogurt, and a cup of baked potato Soup (only the liquid no chunks). The pain came back a few hours later and I had a cup of skim milk for dinner and it went away. Hunger pangs or GERD?

I was worried it was GERD too, but for me this was excess acid! Nothing in the throat, right? Just a very very painfully hungry gurgling? Your stomach doesn't know it doesn't need as much acid anymore. My surgeons office okay'd me taking a Tums but I only needed to for a few days and then it chilled out.

On 09/24/2022 at 22:26, loli_lotus said:

I tried a couple apps for managing my vitamins/meds and the easiest one for me is Medisafe, has options for a set reminder and you can set some medications as take as you need. Putting everything in was a little time consuming but all the apps were like that, and I figured that's the trade off for later convenience. I have the app remind me about my Vitamins at certain times, and then I can go in and easily select "add dose" to add my as needed pain med for example.

thank you!!! excited to check this app out

18 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

I was worried it was GERD too, but for me this was excess acid! Nothing in the throat, right? Just a very very painfully hungry gurgling? Your stomach doesn't know it doesn't need as much acid anymore. My surgeons office okay'd me taking a Tums but I only needed to for a few days and then it chilled out.

Right nothing in throat. At literally base of the tummy- pain and gurgling. I was like is this hunger?? Pain?? Gas?? Im not sure.

Edited by Garfield1987