Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

6 hours ago, PriscillaRebekka said:

Hi September Friends! Question...I had my RNY on 9/14/22 and am doing pretty well for the most part. The only issue is that I'm still having quite a bit of pain on my left side, near the largest incision. It's not the incision that hurts, it internal. Anyone else experience pain that seems to be lingering? Or is it maybe normal?

I have had this since Saturday to the point I couldn't breathe well. Messing with my diaphragm. I went for my follow up today. I had my GVS on 9/12. I have a hematoma. It was causing me to burp a lot too. My doctor said it is caused by swelling and it is a blood blister. He pointed to my incision nearby and it was a little yellowish but not very prominent. I felt a lot better after talking to him and it does seem like little by little it is getting better. I don't know if this is what you have too but if it is, it will pass.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, Garfield1987 said:

Surgery is tomorrow. I’m terrified. Anyone on the same boat? I hugged my kid a little bit tighter than usual and I am ready to get to bed. Congrats to all who have gone through it and good luck to the rest of us . ❤️

I went through that last week and now I am kicking myself for worrying so much. The first few days are painful but it is so much easier now. I start pureed foods in a day :) Surgery 9/12 Good Luck, you got this.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:17 PM, jcluvlc1020 said:

I’m scheduled for the 12th of September as well! New on this site.

How are you doing? I had my follow up today. All is well. Slight hematoma and 15 pounds down! Starting pureed foods tomorrows.

I am and I have a surgical site infection. Everyone else seems to be on to Tylenol, heading back to work and doing fine and I am still barely getting around. If it seems abnormal, don’t hesitate to check it out.
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so sorry you're dealing with an site infection, when this is hard enough. I hope for your quick healing. I do feel the same way you do...like everyone else seems to be all good and I'm still struggling.

1 minute ago, PriscillaRebekka said:

Thank you so much for your response. I'm so sorry you're dealing with an site infection, when this is hard enough. I hope for your quick healing. I do feel the same way you do...like everyone else seems to be all good and I'm still struggling.

You guys aren't alone. I thought for sure at my appointment today I was going to end up back in the hospital. I was so happy when he told me it was a hematoma. Infections stink though, I hope you heal quickly. A friend of mine who had surgery last week too, has a yeast infection and isn't able to keep down her Protein well. We have been brainstorming. Slow and steady. Feel better.

Several of us have had the pain you describe. I asked my nurse about it and she said that’s likely the incision where the stomach and/or any other parts were extracted and that it has very deep sutures inside. It is super painful but I’m 12 days out and it does improve!
Thank you so much for your response. That does make sense and it helps to know I'm not the only one struggling...although I dont like to hear of others who are hurting. I'm glad to hear it gets better though. Thank you!!

You guys aren't alone. I thought for sure at my appointment today I was going to end up back in the hospital. I was so happy when he told me it was a hematoma. Infections stink though, I hope you heal quickly. A friend of mine who had surgery last week too, has a yeast infection and isn't able to keep down her Protein well. We have been brainstorming. Slow and steady. Feel better.
Thank you soooo much for your response! Wow! Sounds like you are dealing with a lot!! I'm so glad you got some answers and I will keep your case in mind when I see my surgeon. I am hoping for your speedy recovery as well. Thank you again and take care!

hi everyone! newbie here.

my surgery is in two days, 9/22. the nerves have set in, and the liquid diet is stressing me a bit lol excited for the journey but full of “what ifs”

Congrats 🎊🎈 woo hoo that I must say is an awoken day my birthday lol so I’m sending you all the positive vibes and everything will turn out just great :) nerves are normal but just remember it’s worth the journey :)

18 minutes ago, TheLosingGame said:

hi everyone! newbie here.

my surgery is in two days, 9/22. the nerves have set in, and the liquid diet is stressing me a bit lol excited for the journey but full of “what ifs”

Just know that it’s completely normal and if you need help with the liquid diet I am pretty new but def here to help :)

Just had my surgery yesterday. Driving home now. Ouch. The gas pain is no joke but it does get better. Yesterday was a blur. Looking forward to being able to drink without pain and for this gas to go.

4 minutes ago, Garfield1987 said:

Just had my surgery yesterday. Driving home now. Ouch. The gas pain is no joke but it does get better. Yesterday was a blur. Looking forward to being able to drink without pain and for this gas to go.

Yes it will get better ❤️‍🩹 and walking when you feel it definitely helps get it out … but woo hoo congratulations 🎉.

Has anyone els felt nauseous while on the liquid diet? Well my doctor called it the fatty liver liquid diet ?? Idk if that makes a difference or not .... but I've been nauseous since the night of the 19th, the day I started the diet and am still nauseous... anyone els have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

Did very well on the preop diet. Lost about 12#. Had my sleeve surgery on the 19th. So far so good. No pain after surgery. I however hate the phase 11 diet.

Gastric Bypass on the 20th. Just got back from the hospital after a one night stay. So far so good. Tolerating liquids well and pain is fairly minimal.