Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

38 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

I had a lot of burping too the first week, it gets better but it really does make it hard to drink anything. I chewed a couple of gasx each day trying to get the burping to chill. It felt like even the smallest sip was enough to make me burp.

Does your paperwork work explicitly say "water" or does it say "liquid"? Some plans keep Water and Protein (even in drinks) separate (dumb), but mine luckily considers everything I'm allowed, including Jello and pudding, to be a liquid.

If your plan says liquid, I would try protein waters, I use a clear Protein Powder drink mix every day. Also, I occasionally add electrolyte powder to the mix just in case.

Don't beat yourself up too much about your intake, just keep trying for more each day, I'll be 3 weeks post on Tuesday and I'm just now meeting my protein goal but still about 20oz behind on my liquid goal.

It says liquid..but then goes right into the Protein too. I have conflicting info also, so it makes it confusing. Thanks for the info makes me feel better

15 minutes ago, Eleanx said:

It says liquid..but then goes right into the Protein too. I have conflicting info also, so it makes it confusing. Thanks for the info makes me feel better

This has all been super confusing for me and I wish my doctor's office would have explained a lot more than they did. I watched that seminar yesterday and it has really helped. (Jessica Snyder Pre-operative nutrition) It said to try to drink 4 oz of Water every 15 minutes. You just constantly have the water next to you. Drink 2-4 oz of Protein 6 x daily. I am also taking a LiquaCel one time daily and it bumps 16 grams up. One of the Protein Drink smoothies that I love and it is super easy is: almond milk, pbfit powder, vanilla protein powder and a dash of cinnamon. I tried a yogurt based on Friday and I was super sick on Saturday so going to hold off for that one. I drink Bone Broth for a lot of my meals. I like Kettle and Fire.

1 hour ago, loli_lotus said:

I had a lot of burping too the first week, it gets better but it really does make it hard to drink anything. I chewed a couple of gasx each day trying to get the burping to chill. It felt like even the smallest sip was enough to make me burp.

Does your paperwork work explicitly say "water" or does it say "liquid"? Some plans keep Water and Protein (even in drinks) separate (dumb), but mine luckily considers everything I'm allowed, including Jello and pudding, to be a liquid.

If your plan says liquid, I would try protein waters, I use a clear Protein Powder drink mix every day. Also, I occasionally add electrolyte powder to the mix just in case.

Don't beat yourself up too much about your intake, just keep trying for more each day, I'll be 3 weeks post on Tuesday and I'm just now meeting my protein goal but still about 20oz behind on my liquid goal.

Try 2oz at a time. Protein ever hour on the hour and then 2 oz Water, crystal light, broth, every 15 minutes. Believe me it helps… of course only when your awake

48 minutes ago, Eleanx said:

I'd take it as you're allowed to hit two birds with one stone. Go ahead and get some Protein waters and powder mix ins. Somewhere on my paperwork it says "64 ounces of liquid including individual protein goal", right now with just my protein Water (32oz) I'm getting 40g of protein, and that's something I can count on because I know I'll get that down every day.

Sept 8th I had my Gastric Bypass done … 10 days post opt and working towards getting better every day . I have my first apt with the surgeon tomorrow so I’m hoping to get some answers to questions I have . Like Vitamins and trying to get my Protein and fluids in .

Are you all taking calcium citrate right out of surgery? I am getting really conflicting information on it and have not heard back from my Dr's office. Also, I had some bad news today and I was really surprised how emotional I was getting. Does anyone feel just emotionally raw? I guess we don't have food anymore as a comfort.

I’m not on any type of Vitamin or pills my surgeon told me not to take any but I have my first visit with him tomorrow so hopefully I’ll find some answers . So sorry about your bad news .. and I think it might have to do with our bodies trying to get used to change .. I feel like with the lack of energy has a lot to do with it as well . Hope things get better and know you have people who are in the same place as you working through it day by day :)

Congrats @sarahthegray how are things going so far ?

6 hours ago, nymisc said:

Are you all taking calcium citrate right out of surgery? I am getting really conflicting information on it and have not heard back from my Dr's office. Also, I had some bad news today and I was really surprised how emotional I was getting. Does anyone feel just emotionally raw? I guess we don't have food anymore as a comfort.

My plan had me start my Vitamins as soon as I could, but I'd wait for your doctors okay first. I'm sorry about your bad news! You did just go through a stressful major life changing surgery, have stress about your post care, AND hormones are stored in the fat, wls can make them go crazy.

10 hours ago, nymisc said:

This has all been super confusing for me and I wish my doctor's office would have explained a lot more than they did. I watched that seminar yesterday and it has really helped. (Jessica Snyder Pre-operative nutrition) It said to try to drink 4 oz of Water every 15 minutes. You just constantly have the Water next to you. Drink 2-4 oz of Protein 6 x daily. I am also taking a LiquaCel one time daily and it bumps 16 grams up. One of the Protein Drink smoothies that I love and it is super easy is: almond milk, pbfit powder, vanilla Protein Powder and a dash of cinnamon. I tried a yogurt based on Friday and I was super sick on Saturday so going to hold off for that one. I drink Bone Broth for a lot of my meals. I like Kettle and Fire.

3 hours ago, Sd14810 said:

I start my week long liquid diet tomorrow, I'm excited because that means only a week tell surgery, but of course I'm still nervous.... here we go

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had bypsss 10 months ago I was 247 iam 170 lbs best decisión I ever take my health is 100 better no more diabetes,highblood pressure,no colesterol,no more greassy líver is good to be nervous good luck🥰🥰🥰👍👍🙏

@mrs.solis I’ve been alright. The burping is a real frustration and I find I’m still getting queasy/nauseated when I try to drink my Protein Drinks so that’s making it very hard to get all my Protein in each day. Most days I’m only able to get about 30g. 😬 staying hydrated is also a challenge but that’s easier than the protein. I just bought some clear Protein Powder so hopefully that will help. Lack of nutrients is definitely making me tired. My 2 week post op visit with the surgeon will be this week and I’ll be curious to see what he says about the nausea. I’m taking Pepcid AC twice a day and it helps a little. The incision pain on the left side where the stomach was removed is still very painful/burning/stinging. It’s reminiscent of c-section pain so I know it will get better but it stops me in my tracks when I move wrong.

On 09/19/2022 at 09:06, sarahthegray said:

@mrs.solis I’ve been alright. The burping is a real frustration and I find I’m still getting queasy/nauseated when I try to drink my Protein Drinks so that’s making it very hard to get all my Protein in each day. Most days I’m only able to get about 30g. 😬 staying hydrated is also a challenge but that’s easier than the Protein. I just bought some clear Protein Powder so hopefully that will help. Lack of nutrients is definitely making me tired. My 2 week post op visit with the surgeon will be this week and I’ll be curious to see what he says about the nausea. I’m taking Pepcid AC twice a day and it helps a little. The incision pain on the left side where the stomach was removed is still very painful/burning/stinging. It’s reminiscent of c-section pain so I know it will get better but it stops me in my tracks when I move wrong.

I had the sleeve on the 7th and I’m also having a lot of burning pain in my incision when I move certain ways. I’ve been icing it whenever I can and that helps. But I know what you mean about stoping you in your tracks! One wrong move and owww!! Also I found that whenever I sip something that if I pat my upper chest it helps the burps come out at once and they don’t get stuck.

I’m sorry you’re not feeling great though, I hope that gets better soon for you!