Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

How did everything go?

14 hours ago, Yearofme43 said:

Hi surgery buddy twin my surgery is on the 15th also don't know what time yet, ill find out tommorow, good for you on the temptation, i had a slip up last week not good, been on pre op diet 2 weeks, im feeling good anxious, scared , excited all i one prayers for you during your surgery

Hi YearofMe43!

I'm feeling the same way. I'm ready to do it though. I go in at 11am for 1pm surgery. Prayers and blessings to you too!

Sept 21

I'm so proud of everyone who has already gone through the surgery! Yall are all an inspiration that I can make it through this 2 weeks of liquid diet. Officially started today!!

Well y’all I have been down two whole days my house is a wreck and it has to be cleaned! Wish me luck! Momma gotta do what momma gotta do!

1 hour ago, Slwhurst said:

Well y’all I have been down two whole days my house is a wreck and it has to be cleaned! Wish me luck! Momma gotta do what momma gotta do!

From one Momma to another, definitely take it easy! I learned the hard way to stay down. Weird that my surgeon only prescribed 3 days of pain meds so I thought that meant I’d be all good....um no. I don’t know why he didn’t prescribe 6 days to begin with! I’ve needed them all!! My house is a wreck as well and the laundry mocks me but it’s gonna have to wait another day. It’s getting a lot easier and the incision sites feel less pulling 6 days out. You got this!

On 09/14/2022 at 10:46, JustAMomATX said:

From one Momma to another, definitely take it easy! I learned the hard way to stay down. Weird that my surgeon only prescribed 3 days of pain meds so I thought that meant I’d be all good....um no. I don’t know why he didn’t prescribe 6 days to begin with! I’ve needed them all!! My house is a wreck as well and the laundry mocks me but it’s gonna have to wait another day. It’s getting a lot easier and the incision sites feel less pulling 6 days out. You got this!

Girl last night I was having to rehang a door my baby child pulled down with her gigantic self! She is 5”11 and have ripped it down moving something out and couldn’t get it back up. That resulted in a two hour whole turtle escapade this morning cause I couldn’t get myself off my back😂

What Vitamins are yall taking? I bought the Bariatric Advantage multi ea chewables but they smell horrible. I hope they taste better than they smell.

40 minutes ago, kellyarw95 said:

What Vitamins are yall taking? I bought the Bariatric Advantage multi ea chewables but they smell horrible. I hope they taste better than they smell.

I've pretty much tried them all and I think most of the chewables are less than ideal. It's the Iron that makes them taste "off". They also are all sweet, so if you're having issues with sweet things, these probably won't be a good choice. This is why my team actually recommended the capsules. If you can't swallow them, or get an upset tummy if you do, just open them up and sprinkle them into a drink, yogurt, or broth, etc. Seems to work for most folks early post surgery.

Hi. New here too. First post and everything. Sad I'm only finding this now but glad to be here. 2 weeks from today is the big day! Getting very excited. I started the liquid diet a little early because I am stubborn and I wanted to trick myself into thinking it's all my idea. HAHA First day or 2 was brutal... it's getting easier (besides the headache).

Best of luck to the Bariatric Pal class of Sept 2022!

4 hours ago, Yearofme43 said:

Well have my surgery time 730am tommorow morning, i think my nervous 😓 jitters are easing up, im soo ready

You're going to do great!!! I slept surprisingly easy the night before mine, hopefully you'll do the same!

4 hours ago, kellyarw95 said:

Oh no! Which Bariatric Advantage multis did you get? I hate sweet things but the strawberry watermelon (no iron) isn't that bad. The texture is a little gritty though. I do have to take my time eating it though, I think it may take me at least 2 mins to eat one chew. I also have Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate, raspberry flavor, that one's actually kind of nice lol. I'm also taking Nordic Naturals Vitamin D3 Gummy in passion fruit, and I actually look forward to it each day. The last thing my plan has me on is a B12 spray, I'm doing the one by Garden of Life in raspberry flavor, it's okay for a medicinal liquid lol could be better, could be way worse.

2 hours ago, loli_lotus said:

You're going to do great!!! I slept surprisingly easy the night before mine, hopefully you'll do the same!

You’ll be great I had my surgery Monday…. Incisions are very sore, walk around a lot to alleviate the gas

1 minute ago, Giovanna628 said:

You’ll be great I had my surgery Monday…. Incisions are very sore, walk around a lot to alleviate the gas

Thanks, im ready