Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

So I just started my liquid diet today and at 1st I was freaking out because I'm allowed 1 small meal a day plus the 2 Protein Shakes and a list of other approved things. But I thought I had to stay under 800 calories and I didn't realize how many calories are in everything including the Protein shakes themselves (160). So I went through everything that is allowed on my list and was trying to figure out what I could even eat for dinner and leave me enough calories for lunch and it was not going well. Luckily I re read my diet sheet and the calorie restriction doesn't hit until my second week, yay! So for this 1st week I still only have liquids except for dinner so I'm sure my calories will be less that usual but I'll have time to adjust before I hit that 800 calorie limit next week. The exact wording for the dinner is one small, normal meal and we are having pork chops with asparagus so I think I will be ok.

As a side question fueled by my stressful morning, how do I calculate the calories in the broth from a strained Soup? Say I take a can of chicken noodle soup but strain it and only drink the broth, how do I figure out the calories in that broth?

1 hour ago, Stellar1103 said:

Hello! I'm new here. My surgery is scheduled for September 28th!

Hi, I'm new, too. My surgery date is Sept 20th and my pre-op appt is Sept 8th. I think I'm going to have to do a pre-op liquid diet, but I'm not for certain. I suppose I'll find out more on the 8th. Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed about what to do, what to buy, how to do things, what works, what doesn't... I'm a little stressed.

13 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

You may not need to bring your medications. I had to bring two of mine because they didn’t have them in their stock but they typically tell you to leave your medications at home and make you use theirs. Very cute pill reminder though.

Oh I wasn't going to bring them! I'm just bringing my phone and charger. Just wanted to fill it now so I wouldn't have to do it later lol.

11 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

Good luck tomorrow! I looked at that pill organizer but I needed one that had 4 spaces and I wanted a month. That one looked awesome though. Update us when you can. I wish you an easy surgery and recovery!

Thank you!!

11 hours ago, JustAMomATX said:

I bought the same organizer! Might as well be cute if we have to have a strict Vitamin regimen

Exactly!!

Hi, I'm new, too. My surgery date is Sept 20th and my pre-op appt is Sept 8th. I think I'm going to have to do a pre-op liquid diet, but I'm not for certain. I suppose I'll find out more on the 8th. Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed about what to do, what to buy, how to do things, what works, what doesn't... I'm a little stressed.
I was feeling that way, I did alot of research, and also looked up beriatric on Amazon just to get a feel for what was out there, they have alot of beriatric foods, and drinks that have Protein in them, I ended up ordering some of the Premier Protein flavored water drinks, and the Protein Drinks and I like them both, I also got some of the Soups as well, I wanted to try a few things out ahead of time because I know I have to do a week liquid preop diet, then 2 weeks full liquid post op then the 3rd week postop I can start to have things like pudding, and such, and they have alot of soft foods with protein in it to. It's been keeping me busy as well as making me feel prepared to deal with the diets because I've tried several things and found stuff I do like, now I don't feel like it's going to be horrible [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

Made Protein jello!

And protein pudding, but I was dumb and used pistachio flavor...which has tiny pistachio pieces. No one else in the house will eat it, so I guess I'll be picking them out.

PXL_20220906_022049717.jpg

31 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

Made Protein jello!

And Protein pudding, but I was dumb and used pistachio flavor...which has tiny pistachio pieces. No one else in the house will eat it, so I guess I'll be picking them out.

2 hours ago, loli_lotus said:

Oh I wasn't going to bring them! I'm just bringing my phone and charger. Just wanted to fill it now so I wouldn't have to do it later lol.

33 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

Made Protein jello!

And protein pudding, but I was dumb and used pistachio flavor...which has tiny pistachio pieces. No one else in the house will eat it, so I guess I'll be picking them out.

Hi, I’ll have to try that protein…

On 7/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, Slwhurst said:

Hi guys I am new here and looking for September surgery buddies!! Mine is scheduled for the 12th! I am so excited! Who’s with me???

I’m surgery is the same day… 7 more days. On my second week of pre op diet. First few days were tough but it’s getting better. How are you doing?

On 09/05/2022 at 22:50, Giovanna628 said:

I’m surgery is the same day… 7 more days. On my second week of pre op diet. First few days were tough but it’s getting better. How are you doing?

Starting day 8 of the pre op diet. No energy and lots of headaches but I am still hanging in and have not cheated! So I feel accomplished! As of yesterday I am down 11 pounds!

Mine is Sep 13th

The day is here. Prepping for surgery!
Send positive vibes my way. [emoji120]🫡
I'm so excited for you! Good luck![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

Starting day 8 of the pre op diet. No energy and lots of headaches but I am still hanging in and have not cheated! So I feel accomplished! As of yesterday I am down 11 pounds!

Make sure you are eating enough Protein. I found my energy low when I hasn’t eaten enough calories (by way of protein). Hang I there!!

Btw congrats on the 11lbs - that’s awesome! 👏 👏

Edited by JustAMomATX

6 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

Congrats!! Sorry that you are still having headaches but 11 pounds in just a week is awesome. How have you dealt with having to cook food you want to eat?

2 hours ago, Angela_85 said:

The day is here. Prepping for surgery!
Send positive vibes my way. 🙏🫡

Lots of positive vibes for a safe and successful surgery and a fast recovery!