Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

6 hours ago, CoCoPuffs said:

How can I hold on to this weight for 3 weeks.

The salty food is a great suggestion but also maybe eat whatever foods are your favorite right now. Stress can lead to weight loss so try to relax by changing your mind set from weight worry to celebrating getting to this point. Eat the food you might not get to eat for awhile. Also have you weighed yourself? You said maybe they looked at your numbers wrong, so maybe you haven't lost too much weight and you are ok. If things get too close for comfort they probably can push the surgery date back to allow you to gain some weight to be sure that insurance coverage isn't something you have to worry about.

16 hours ago, tx2az said:

VSG Surgery in scheduled for Sept 1, 2022. . I am so thankful to my doctor for finding my gastric problems

Wow, that was a long journey to get to this point. I'm glad you finally found your answers and now you get to lead the way for our sept group and start feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing!

All of the September 12 people what are your locations? I am in Boaz, AL and surgery in Huntsville, AL

Y’all I just went to the office to pick up my Meal Replacement shake mix and got so excited cause they gave me a list of things I can mix in the shake to change the flavor🤣 I was dreading one flavor for the 33 shakes I have to drink… Yes I added them up and yes I will absolutely be counting them down🤣🤣

I've been receiving all of my pre-surgery appointment check-ins. I see the surgeon on Aug. 31, then have a COVID test done, and then see anesthesia. The countdown has begun. FMLA still hasn't responded to papers submitted on July 31, so if I have to appeal or provide more info, that leaves me no time in which to do it. Things like that add so much stress, but I'm trying hard not to get caught up in worrying about it.

How are my September peeps doing????

Hello,

New here. I'm scheduled for September 26th. VSG. I'm anxious, but more so excited. I started this process in March and the time is almost here.

4 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

Y’all I just went to the office to pick up my Meal Replacement shake mix and got so excited cause they gave me a list of things I can mix in the shake to change the flavor🤣 I was dreading one flavor for the 33 shakes I have to drink… Yes I added them up and yes I will absolutely be counting them down🤣🤣

That will certainly help - yay! Any good flavors you think will be yummy? My office only gave me 4 shakes total, so for cost effectiveness I'm jealous but for options I'm glad I got to chose my own.

1 hour ago, La El said:

I've been receiving all of my pre-surgery appointment check-ins. I see the surgeon on Aug. 31, then have a COVID test done, and then see anesthesia. The countdown has begun. FMLA still hasn't responded to papers submitted on July 31, so if I have to appeal or provide more info, that leaves me no time in which to do it. Things like that add so much stress, but I'm trying hard not to get caught up in worrying about it.

So when is your surgery date? Must be really soon, exciting! Good luck with the FMLA. Hopefully its just being extra slow. I start my 2 week diet a week from monday, so I'm still just in waiting mode and a cheerleader for those of you going first. Sept is almost here finally!

22 minutes ago, Stuart90 said:

Hello,

New here. I'm scheduled for September 26th. VSG. I'm anxious, but more so excited. I started this process in March and the time is almost here.

Welcome! It's exciting that sept is finally almost here. I'm excited too but I will probably be more nervous the closer it gets. I'm ready though!

On 08/26/2022 at 15:51, Hope4NewMe said:

That will certainly help - yay! Any good flavors you think will be yummy? My office only gave me 4 shakes total, so for cost effectiveness I'm jealous but for options I'm glad I got to chose my own.

08/26/2022 07:30 PM, La El said:

So when is your surgery date? Must be really soon, exciting! Good luck with the FMLA. Hopefully its just being extra slow. I start my 2 week diet a week from monday, so I'm still just in waiting mode and a cheerleader for those of you going first. Sept is almost here finally!

08/26/2022 08:21 PM, Stuart90 said:

Hello,

Welcome! It's exciting that sept is finally almost here. I'm excited too but I will probably be more nervous the closer it gets. I'm ready though!

Oh be assured I had to buy a bag of shake mix… I Got vanilla though because they said you can mix any sugar free drink mix in or extracts like peppermint and even the powdered peanut butter! So I thought vanilla would be the most versatile…

10 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

Oh be assured I had to buy a bag of shake mix… I Got vanilla though because they said you can mix any sugar free drink mix in or extracts like peppermint and even the powdered peanut butter! So I thought vanilla would be the most versatile…

I'm sorry you didn't get it free. With as restrictive as your pre-op diet is, they should have been nicer to you. It sounds like you made a great choice though. I'll have to look into powdered Peanut Butter, I didn't even know that existed. I don't know why I didn't even consider mixing the shakes with a drink mix. My head was just stuck on finding a premade flavor that I like.

On 08/26/2022 at 16:27, Hope4NewMe said:

I'm sorry you didn't get it free. With as restrictive as your pre-op diet is, they should have been nicer to you. It sounds like you made a great choice though. I'll have to look into powdered Peanut Butter, I didn't even know that existed. I don't know why I didn't even consider mixing the shakes with a drink mix. My head was just stuck on finding a premade flavor that I like.

Bariatric advantage is supposed to be the one that keeps you full longest. But don’t use it after the surgery only before.

3 hours ago, La El said:

Going through same stuff. Presurgery stuff on the first and second, followed by the COVID test on the 18th. I have to self isolate from then, through to the surgery on the 20th. My wife is none too happy since the 18th is our anniversary. I'll just have to yell happy anniversary from the other room!

3 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

September 2....just a few more days away. I've had no pre-op diet. In fact, I can drink Water all the way up until 2 hours before surgery. I'm so confused about this. They are very casual about it.

19 hours ago, La El said:

September 2....just a few more days away. I've had no pre-op diet. In fact, I can drink Water all the way up until 2 hours before surgery. I'm so confused about this. They are very casual about it.

Thursday Sept 1st for me. There are a lot of different dr requirement, isn't there? Mine is 2 weeks of Protein Shakes, 3 oz lean Protein and 2 cups non starchy veggies per day. Day before surgery only Protein Drinks and nothing not even Water after midnight. Good luck, it's getting close!

2 hours ago, tx2az said:

Thursday Sept 1st for me. There are a lot of different dr requirement, isn't there? Mine is 2 weeks of Protein Shakes, 3 oz lean Protein and 2 cups non starchy veggies per day. Day before surgery only Protein Drinks and nothing not even Water after midnight. Good luck, it's getting close!

I've changed the way I'm eating anyway. I keep feeling like there must be some mistake, but the letter I got was pretty clear. I still want to shrink my liver...just in case. 😂 Why make it harder on them than it has to be?

On 7/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, Slwhurst said:

Hi guys I am new here and looking for September surgery buddies!! Mine is scheduled for the 12th! I am so excited! Who’s with me???

I am anxious to read your after surgery posts. Mine is scheduled for the 19th.