Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

Thank you I will definitely be looking into all this the links do work!

On 08/23/2022 at 17:16, diamond65337 said:

I am still trying to figure how to respond. Hopefully I am doing this correctly. I never been technical 😊

Honey it took me forever and I still don’t have half of it down🤣 I am a little slow sometimes

On 08/23/2022 at 13:56, Slwhurst said:

My list contains 100% Isolate Protein Powder. Brands are Unjury, Celebrate, nectar, body fortress, inspire,isopure and dymatize. I am a little defeated right now cause I did loose the 5 pounds requested but have to start on the 31st with only Water and 3 Meal Replacement shakes a day… I might die y’all. I could have done liquid easy cause I love Soup but only 3 shakes???

Can you have some bullion in your Water? Only water and three shakes a day seems really harsh! What about tea? I would ask your dietitian if you could add some different Clear Liquids. How long is your pre-op diet?

3 hours ago, SpartanMaker said:

Ouch, I hope not!

Ten years ago, the accepted opinion was the whey Protein was superior for supporting weight loss and preventing muscle catabolism. More recent research supports that a combination of both whey and casein is superior. I specifically picked the 2 brands I did (Premier Protein and Fairlife), because they were both milk protein instead of just whey.

I don't know if this will work, but I'm going to try and post some links to research that supports this view:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/abs/10.1073/pnas.94.26.14930

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1743-7075-10-46

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2021/FO/D0FO01960G

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00106.2012

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/effects-of-hydrolysed-casein-intact-casein-and-intact-whey-protein-on-energy-expenditure-and-appetite-regulation-a-randomised-controlled-crossover-study/C90335661B4E43ACA05E7C80032D951F

I love when people post research!

Have you looked at Orgain Clean Protein Shakes (not the powder)? It doesn't specify what kind of protein, just grass-fed milk protein concentrate, do you think that mean it has casein too?

Hey everyone…I’m looking for a few September Surgery Buddies. I don’t know how to respond on someones post….my Date is September 14, 2022…

26 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

I love when people post research!

Have you looked at Orgain Clean Protein Shakes (not the powder)? It doesn't specify what kind of Protein, just grass-fed milk protein concentrate, do you think that mean it has casein too?

Yes, any milk protein will have both. The problem is they generally don't give the percentage of each. There is research out there that different percentages of casein vs. whey can have different effects, but at this point, we're probably only talking about differences to elite athletes.

5 minutes ago, DrkAngel321 said:

****9/14/2022****

Surgery Buddies Welcome…

…And please teach me how to respond to someones post…😩

Below a post, there's a quote button. press that and it will do what you're looking for. Also, if you only want to copy a part of their response, you can edit the part in the quote box.

On 08/23/2022 at 21:43, SpartanMaker said:

Below a post, there's a quote button. press that and it will do what you're looking for. Also, if you only want to copy a part of their response, you can edit the part in the quote box.

I don’t have a quote button… I have to touch the post and hold until one comes up. Which is why it took me so dang long to catch on🤣

3 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

I don’t have a quote button… I have to touch the post and hold until one comes up. Which is why it took me so dang long to catch on🤣

Ah, you must be using a mobile device. I assumed incorrectly you were on a PC. Glad you figured it out!

On 08/24/2022 at 07:01, 0d5t3r said:

Hi everyone, I’m new here too and I’m scheduled for same day, 12th September!!

We have so many Sept 12 people!!!

On 08/24/2022 at 09:22, Cdav07 said:

I’m on Day 7 of preop liquid diet. I have 7 more to go before surgery. Surgery is Sept 1st. It’s been challenging that’s for sure. But I’m praying and pushing thru.

What has been your biggest struggle so far??