Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

13 hours ago, mrschat said:

I'm new here and want to be included as a Sept surgery buddy! I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery 9/19/22.

Welcome and I am having surgery the same day I'm having the bypass though. Do you have a liquid diet phase? I have to do 2 weeks and I start it on sept 5.

5 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

My last pre op is on the 23rd! I find out what my liquid diet days will consist of and y’all I am nervous! A friend at work and I have started eating better at work and as I said before I can’t loose much weight or I will be knocked out… So far I have lost nearly 5 pounds and have been watching very closely to make sure I just maintain that. I am telling y’all if I get this close to my surgery date and get knocked out for a pound or two cause I started eating cleaner at work I am going to be so upset!!!!

Do you know if they weigh you before you start the liquid diet? If not then you should be ok because you are expected to lose weight on the liquid diet. So if you are below the insurance weight on the date of surgery, they should just blame the liquid diet. At least that's my hope and understanding since I'm in the same situation :) I think its great that you are being so successful even before the surgery, hopefully after the surgery your weight loss will continue to be amazing.

3 hours ago, Arty said:

September 7th! Starting pre OP diet in a week. If you haven't introduced yourself to eating less and Protein Shakes I def recommend you do. I've replaced 2 meals with shakes and Jello and it's tough!

I don't want to start doing that any earlier then I have to. I know its going to be tough and I'm not looking forward to it at all. You are a stronger person then I to do it when you don't have to. Welcome to the group and keep us updated on the liquid diet, especially if you find something yummy that makes it less painful.

What types of food are people planning on eating for the pureed phase? The idea of blending my food grosses me out. I think I could do baby food and I have no idea why that is any different. Baby food is expensive and blending would have seasoning so logically would taste better but just the idea of eating blended food is really hard mentally. Any good food ideas would be greatly appreciated!

We are all strong! You can do anything if you really want. I just recommend trying it because you'll go in shock. Lol

I don't want to start doing that any earlier then I have to. I know its going to be tough and I'm not looking forward to it at all. You are a stronger person then I to do it when you don't have to. Welcome to the group and keep us updated on the liquid diet, especially if you find something yummy that makes it less painful.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am thinking I may stay mostly liquid cause blending just doesn’t sound good at all. I have texture issues anyways and I feel that would just wreck those issues and ruin food all together!

Mines book for Sept 10th 😅

4 hours ago, Arty said:

September 7th! Starting pre OP diet in a week. If you haven't introduced yourself to eating less and Protein Shakes I def recommend you do. I've replaced 2 meals with shakes and Jello and it's tough! 20220815_153837.jpg

4 hours ago, Arty said:

September 7th! Starting pre OP diet in a week. If you haven't introduced yourself to eating less and Protein Shakes I def recommend you do. I've replaced 2 meals with shakes and Jello and it's tough! 20220815_153837.jpg

I start the pre-op diet tomorrow for 2 weeks, surgery Sept 1st. Pre-op diet -2-3 Protein Shakes a day and 1 meal of 3 oz lean Protein, 2 cups cooked or raw specific veggies and 1 cup fresh specific fruit (optional). I am so excited! Never thought I would say that about a diet!

Edited by tx2az

14 minutes ago, tx2az said:

Sorry I reported someone else's picture. Still learning!

5 hours ago, Arty said:

September 7th! Starting pre OP diet in a week. If you haven't introduced yourself to eating less and Protein Shakes I def recommend you do. I've replaced 2 meals with shakes and Jello and it's tough!

Can share what you're finding challenging? Is it hunger, lack of chewing, thinking about food, loss of mental clarity or physical energy? Something else?

Just trying to understand better what we can expect.

On 08/04/2022 at 13:49, Hope4NewMe said:

I'm new and scheduled for bypass Sept 19th. Can't belive its finally getting close because I started the process in Jan. Looking forward to a new me but scared too. Its weird because I've been on so many diets but this time is the 1st time I feel real hope for success but I don't want to get my hopes up too high either.

So how do I get info under my name that everyone seems to have?

Oooh I found my surgery twin!! I’m having VSG that day! I’m so excited and nervous all at the same time . I feel the same way you feel having done so many diets in the past and failing. We got this!

1 hour ago, Slwhurst said:

I am thinking I may stay mostly liquid cause blending just doesn’t sound good at all. I have texture issues anyways and I feel that would just wreck those issues and ruin food all together!

I agree, my brain does not want to do it lol. I'm sure we'll be ok though :)

43 minutes ago, goldnstar7 said:

Oooh I found my surgery twin!! I’m having VSG that day! I’m so excited and nervous all at the same time . I feel the same way you feel having done so many diets in the past and failing. We got this!

Yay!! Having someone go through this at the same time will be awesome. Do you have to do a liquid diet too? It seems so close and yet so far away :)