Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

14 hours ago, lesleyjj04 said:

Mine is 9-23. I am having the RNY bypass.

Welcome!

17 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

I can only do so much because if I do too much I will be below the requirements set by my insurance. I feel like I am just stuck with no forward movement as far as goals…

That's the place I'm stuck at as well. The nurses at my clinic said to be careful even going to my regular Dr because if I'm under that cut off line on any official paperwork then they can deny the surgery. So I'm just in waiting and planning mode which is why I plan and buy too much lol.

New here! My surgery is scheduled for 9/2. I joined here on the suggestion of someone I watch on YouTube. They said it was really helpful to have a place to discuss things with people who are at the exact same stage you are. Good luck to us all!

On 8/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, loli_lotus said:

Maybe! Around 5 years ago my liver numbers started to look troubling but I got it under control. No one has said anything, and I'm not getting blood work specifically from my surgery center for another two weeks, but I think back when I started the process my primary ordered labwork and probably shared it with the surgeons office. So yeah maybe that's it.

My surgeon doesn't require a pre-op liquid diet, either...just the day before.

Welcome all!

If you can, please update your profiles to help us know more about you, such as type of surgery, surgery date, starting weight, goal weight, etc.

These will help all of us as we support each other through this process.

5 minutes ago, SpartanMaker said:

Welcome all!

If you can, please update your profiles to help us know more about you, such as type of surgery, surgery date, starting weight, goal weight, etc.

These will help all of us as we support each other through this process.

Done...well...not completely. I seem to be a little dense and cannot figure out how t

o edit that section. 😚

31 minutes ago, La El said:

Done...well...not completely. I seem to be a little dense and cannot figure out how t

o edit that section. 😚

Honestly, it's not very intuitive. Click on your name at the top right and look for "My Surgery". Most of it's in there.

37 minutes ago, SpartanMaker said:

Honestly, it's not very intuitive. Click on your name at the top right and look for "My Surgery". Most of it's in there.

I've clicked on everything and can't see a way to edit the My Surgery tab.

Welcome to so many new people! This is going to be an awesome group!

49 minutes ago, La El said:

I've clicked on everything and can't see a way to edit the My Surgery tab.

Make sure you are clicking on your name instead of the picture. It should be a drop down list and my surgery is towards the bottom after tickers. Tickers are neat because you can count down to surgery or the weight you have lost. Fun to me at least lol :)

Forgot to say that I just spent the last few hours making a list of dinners for me and the family to cook for 6 weeks. Its for the 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after my surgery. I want this as easy as possible on me, so for the liquid diet weeks I have the dinners being something I would not want to eat. So hopefully there will be less torture and temptation. That's the goal at least, fingers crossed.

43 minutes ago, Hope4NewMe said:

Welcome to so many new people! This is going to be an awesome group!

Make sure you are clicking on your name instead of the picture. It should be a drop down list and my surgery is towards the bottom after tickers. Tickers are neat because you can count down to surgery or the weight you have lost. Fun to me at least lol :)

Found it...finally! It was in the only place I had not looked for it...hehe. I will add a ticker as soon as I start dropping weight. This pre op stuff...well, I have lost and gained and lost and gained the same few pounds since I started the process. Its looking like I may be 3-5 lbs. heavier than my first visit. Or perhaps not. I still have a couple of weeks.

I'm new here and want to be included as a Sept surgery buddy! I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery 9/19/22. Still learning how to post all the info about me. I can't have any products with aspartame or sucralose due to they cause Migraines. So far only been able to use products with stevia or Monk Fruit.

My last pre op is on the 23rd! I find out what my liquid diet days will consist of and y’all I am nervous! A friend at work and I have started eating better at work and as I said before I can’t loose much weight or I will be knocked out… So far I have lost nearly 5 pounds and have been watching very closely to make sure I just maintain that. I am telling y’all if I get this close to my surgery date and get knocked out for a pound or two cause I started eating cleaner at work I am going to be so upset!!!!