Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I just tried this and it was surprisingly yummy.

Crust

1 cup mozzerella

1/4 parmesian

1 egg

Seasoning of your choice (I used Italian seasoning and garlic powder)

Topping

Low carb marinara (I used Rao's)

Sprinkle of mozzerella

Turkey pepperoni

Mix all the crust ingredients together. Put parchment paper on a pan. Spray with cooking spray. Shape mixture into the size of a personal pan pizza (6" or so) on topof the parchment paper. Spread marinara on top of crust mixture. Sprinkle mozzerella. Add turkey pepperoni (I use 6 pieces- you can use more or less). Cook 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool when it comes out of the oven. I side into 4 pieces, ate 2 and my daughter ate the other 2.

Add toppings. Experiment. This really scratched the pizza itch and was surprisingly healthy.

20220726_184858.jpg

Edited by flamingolady1408
added picture

Looks great. One other Pizza Crust i have seen on youtube is the chicken crust. Basically they take canned chicken, Mash it and form it into the pizza shape and then add the sauce, cheese, toppings. Been wanting to try that.

2 hours ago, flamingolady1408 said:

Wow so the crust is just cheese? It looks pretty amazing. How crispy is it?

7 hours ago, Tufflaw said:

Wow so the crust is just cheese? It looks pretty amazing. How crispy is it?

I think you could cook it longer and get a crisper crust or make it thinner maybe 7 or 8 inches round and get a more crispy crust. The way I made mine it was actually more dough like. It really seemed like pizza. And I like pan so I didn't let it get crispy. 😋

10 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

Looks great. One other Pizza Crust i have seen on youtube is the chicken crust. Basically they take canned chicken, Mash it and form it into the pizza shape and then add the sauce, cheese, toppings. Been wanting to try that.

That sounds interesting. What I liked about this is it was very close to the real thing. My hubby was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe how much it tasted like pizza. I was meant to have leftovers but my oldest ate them. 😂

What could you use instead of parmesan cheese? I dislike parmesan very much

35 minutes ago, mheyer1641 said:

You could just omit it or add a little mozzerella or even a different Shredded cheese like Italian combo or cheddar. Not sure how that would effect the taste.

On 7/27/2022 at 1:36 PM, mheyer1641 said:

Seems like you would need something else fairly dry and powdered in its place to make the consistency turn out the same. Maybe some mild seasonings? Of course you wouldn’t want to add 1/4 cup of seasonings, but Maybe a little more cheese and then some mild seasonings.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:16 PM, SkinnyMingo1408 said:

Crust

1 cup mozzerella

1/4 parmesian

1 egg

Seasoning of your choice (I used Italian seasoning and garlic powder)

Topping

Low carb marinara (I used Rao's)

Sprinkle of mozzerella

Turkey pepperoni

Mix all the crust ingredients together. Put parchment paper on a pan. Spray with cooking spray. Shape mixture into the size of a personal pan pizza (6" or so) on topof the parchment paper. Spread marinara on top of crust mixture. Sprinkle mozzerella. Add turkey pepperoni (I use 6 pieces- you can use more or less). Cook 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool when it comes out of the oven. I side into 4 pieces, ate 2 and my daughter ate the other 2.

Add toppings. Experiment. This really scratched the pizza itch and was surprisingly healthy.

20220726_184858.jpg

That looks really good