Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Brennanfan said:

Good to know..how was your pain level

I had very little pain post op. From my time on here I have heard of pain all over the map though immediately post op. I think what seems to be the worst for the majority of people immediately post op is the gas pain from the air they fill you up with.

41 minutes ago, Brennanfan said:

That's what I'm hearing. I have 2 bad knees and need to bring my walker to the hospital hoping it's easier than I'm planning

I think there are more people with little to no pain we think. You see more from people who are having issues because they need help with those issues. No real reason to post about everything going great.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:21 PM, Brennanfan said:

Hi I'm new here I have never been on an social media's...so this is also new to me.

My surgery is Tuesday July 26th. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself

Best of luck! Keep us updated

On 7/22/2022 at 3:49 AM, Brennanfan said:

How are you doing on pre op diet...im drinking the Protein Drinks as instructed and I gained 2pds I pray this does not effect my surgery I've lost weight all along the way been doing Keto so I'm not sure if I stalled...anyone have this issue also

Currently on Pre-op Diet and I lost 8 then stalled a day and now I'm up an lb. I'm assuming Water weight but of course, It was frustrating seeing the scale go back up. Our bodies are so weird in how they work!

On 07/25/2022 at 18:54, Brennanfan said:

Thank you I have to report to Hospital at 11:15am. Channelling positive thoughts and I will update all

Hoping all is well. Looking forward to an update.

23 hours ago, Brennanfan said:

Thank you I have to report to Hospital at 11:15am. Channelling positive thoughts and I will update all

Hopefully everything went well and you are in your room resting up. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.

10 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Hopefully everything went well and you are in your room resting up. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.

Thank you im doing well...hope to go home today..I am drinking Water and walking pain is very minimal today

1 hour ago, Brennanfan said:

Thank you im doing well...hope to go home today..I am drinking Water and walking pain is very minimal today

That’s awesome. Glad to hear it. Just keep sipping and walking and remember you did still just have major surgery so you may feel tired. Just give into it and rest when your body tells you to and it should help you recover a little quicker since we heal while we sleep. I had very little pain as well but I was still wiped out. I took naps daily for a while post surgery.

16 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

That’s awesome. Glad to hear it. Just keep sipping and walking and remember you did still just have major surgery so you may feel tired. Just give into it and rest when your body tells you to and it should help you recover a little quicker since we heal while we sleep. I had very little pain as well but I was still wiped out. I took naps daily for a while post surgery.

Thank you I can tell I need sleep..of course sleeping g at the hospital is almost impossible...I an on going g home and sleeping and relaxing thank you again for your advice much appreciated for sure

Just keep reminding yourself 2 things:

1)I just had major surgery is more then OK to take it easy, it's necessary. My body is healing.

2)I need to follow my eating plan so my stomach can heal properly. J B.

It may not always be easy but in the long run you'll be happy you did. This is an amazing tool towards your weight loss. You got this!

On 7/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, Mstravel302 said:

Congrats, my date is July 27, a day after you, good luck

Sent from my SM-S908U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck it was not that bad and I'm heading home now...keep in touch and take care and good luck