Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

36 minutes ago, Jeanniebug said:

Rough now, but you are going to feel so much better after you heal up! :)

Thank you, I keep reminding myself that! Only up from here.

48 minutes ago, raspberrylime said:

The surgeon came to see me and turns out I had a 3 for 1 surgery - VSG, gallbladder, and hiatal hernia repair. Makes sense now why my recovery feels so brutal

Wow take care

Dsy 7 post op. I'm feeling pretty good. I've now been able to sleep in my bed the last two nights and that feels wonderful. The scale is finally moving in the right direction and I'm down 58lbs from the beginning of my journey. It's still a little hard to bend down but I'm working on that a little at a time. Still on my liquid diet for 1 more week until i see my dietician. I had a hard day with that two days ago but yesterday, I was back to being ok. Hoping for us all a speedy recovery and of those who still waiting for your day, best of luck!

I had my surgery yesterday. I'm back home now, but I am struggling with my Water intake. I am just not getting enough water, and I can feel myself starting to get dehydration.

Anybody have any tips or tricks on that?

42 minutes ago, Afrankrn said:

I had my surgery yesterday. I'm back home now, but I am struggling with my Water intake. I am just not getting enough Water, and I can feel myself starting to get dehydration.

I heard someone else say that she got some little 1-ounce cups and filled 6 of them. She lined them up in a row next to where she was sitting. Her goal was to drink 1 cup every 10 minutes. Doing this all day, she was drinking OVER the amount they wanted her to be getting in a day. Maybe give that a try?

25 minutes ago, Jeanniebug said:

I heard someone else say that she got some little 1-ounce cups and filled 6 of them. She lined them up in a row next to where she was sitting. Her goal was to drink 1 cup every 10 minutes. Doing this all day, she was drinking OVER the amount they wanted her to be getting in a day. Maybe give that a try?

This is what they have had me doing in the hospital. I am getting discharged now and am taking a sleeve of 1 ounce cups with me

6 hours ago, Afrankrn said:

I had my surgery yesterday. I'm back home now, but I am struggling with my Water intake. I am just not getting enough Water, and I can feel myself starting to get dehydration.

if you still have issues with dehydration, I recommend IV therapy. It's not cheap- roughly 80-200 depending on where you go, but ive heard a lot of people who have issues with water in the beginning use IV hydration as an option. I'm not sure where you live, but a lot of larger cities have one in the area.

Thank you all. I'm going to try the medicine cup and timer technique today, since I seem to feel a little more alive, so to speak. I get spasms every time anything hits my stomach, which really sucks. Happens even if I take tiny sips.

If I still can't do what I need, I've contacted a friend about some IV nutrition to get me over this little hump.

Congrats and best of luck.

43 minutes ago, Jan69 said:

Just got my call need to be at hospital 5:30 am Wed Oct 19th First on schedule. Exciting

Yay! I haven't gotten the call yet, so I'm not sure where I'll be on the schedule. I think our hospital calls the day before.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:10 AM, ladykhavia said:

I just had RNY Oct 3

so did i!

I've been lurking this forum for a long time now, both in my phase of questioning WLS as an option for me (for a good few years or more now on and off) and since I started the official process. Happy to say I have a surgery date set for October 20th. I'll be getting the sleeve done. Weirdly, this will also hopefully help resolve a couple of issues I didn't even know I had until recently due to required pre-op testing (such as mild delayed gastric emptying -- had to do a motility test pre-op which is how I found this out). I've been on the liquid skim milk diet since the 6th and it has been absolutely brutal for me. Making me do a motility test that required me to eat scrambled eggs and toast with strawberry jam 5 days into it was also pretty brutal in itself.

I'm looking forward to my surgery though and I'm really looking forward to changing my life. Working out is really hard at my current weight and I'm looking forward to shedding a bit so I can get back to personal training. I've already dropped a good 10+ pounds since I started this process, looking forward to anymore I lose in the future.

Grateful to be here!

On 9/22/2022 at 1:56 PM, berryboo97 said:

Multivitamins, try BariMelts. Bariatric Advantage orange is not that great. Well it is better if you don’t chew and just let it slowly dissolve. My dr did advise can use Flintstone as well.

Bariatric Advantage calcium chews are good but later I will switch to the CVS brand after I heal up and see how things are tolerated.

BariMelts Vd3. B12. Biotin.< br />
Premier Protein. coffee one is not good, it has caffeine. Want to avoid caffeine after surgery.

Try premier Protein cake batter, Peanut Butter cup, Carmel, rootbeer is okay. I hear pumpkin spice was good.

muscle milk zero sugar vanilla, chocolate and strawberry (they are less sweet than premier vanilla chocolate and strawberry)

Also use bariatric Advantage Fiber.
Vital Proteins non flavor.

Also you can sugar free sauces G Hughes sugar feee sauce, skinny girl dressing, and Jordan’s skinny syrups are good as well. I like use the syrups in the shakes. Like a mocha premiers chocolate shake, or I can caramel. Or to a Carmel shake I can add vanilla Syrup. Also syrups are good in black Decaf coffee with 1 pack if stevia.

Light cheese string, i buy the Walmart brand but I think it taste better at room temperature

Just know after surgery, your hormones will change and so will your taste buds.

Your post is extremely helpful, thank you so much! I can't swallow pills so it helps a lot to find alternatives for the Vitamins post-op. Especially since the doctor's office I go to only has a swallowable pill version, no dissolvable or chewable version.