Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

Day 2 post op... really tired, so I'm sleeping quite abit, and haven't taken any pain meds since last night. Still pretty sore when i get up and down especially where the stomach came out on my right side. The nausea has been little to none. I'm feeling blessed and so happy i made this decision.

24hrs post op- not feeling too bad. A little pain from the gas overnight but manageable with paracetamol. Getting up out of bed for a shower felt magnificent!

9 minutes ago, AP71 said:

24hrs post op- not feeling too bad. A little pain from the gas overnight but manageable with paracetamol. Getting up out of bed for a shower felt magnificent!

So happy to hear.

I was initially scheduled for the RNY on November 8th, but they just changed my date to October 18th! I'm so excited!

Only 3 days left for me pre-op! I'm not feeling nervous yet. Feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Tuesday to get here. I took Monday off of work to stay stress free and have more time to prepare. To all the other October folks - we got this! 💪

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday as well! Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous. I haven't been nervous for the surgery at all, but I have been more worried about failing at the diet changes needed. So far I am killing this preop liquid diet though, so that has helped me feel more confident.

My only issues is that I have some sort of rash or break out developing on my face and back. It doesn't itch like people say the Keto rash does, but the one on my face kind of burns like a sunburn. Not sure what all that is about.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's journey!

Day 2 post op- hopefully going home today. Slept pretty well last night(apart from nurse wake ups for meds/checks). Getting fluids in but no idea how much, I think it will be easier to monitor at home.

Pain is negligible, still managed with just paracetamol

So i am brand new to this site. Surgery was 10/3/22. Im... alive. Just checking things out around the site. Everyone will do great! Surgery is the easy part yall. I think the hardest part for me has been the solid 5 weeks of liquid! 2.5 before and by the time i can start puree it will be day 15 post op. By that time i may have forgotten how to chew so theres that i guess!

Sent from my SM-S908U using BariatricPal mobile app

After reading some of the post op, the main discomfort is gas pains, I wonder if gas x will help alleviate this?
So i am only 6 days post op, however... When they tell you to walk absolutely walk. Then some more. Im big. Its hard for me to walk a ton. I have walked more this last 6 days then i have the last 6 months for sure. Gas x didn't help me when i tried it but everyone is different. I still have it terrible lol. It went from my right side to all over the now in my chest and left shoulder. Try not to let it get there. That is the worst!

Also, just noticed today so hopefully i can save butts somewhere. My tailbone is extremely aggitated today. Painful and irritated. Try not to lay on your back or sit to much. Aparently i have and now, even in a recliner with a pillow it hurts. Makes sleeping pretty hard!

Devastated to say the least...surgery Monday 10th, but i have tested positive for Covid. [emoji20]
Rescheduling the surgery. At least i have lost some weight through the LRD - every cloud has a silver lining.
Omg i was so worried about this as well. Thank goodness i didn't get it. I am so sorry that you have to postpone for that. Did they give you a new date yet?

3 hours ago, ThatOneGirlAsh said:

So i am only 6 days post op, however... When they tell you to walk absolutely walk. Then some more. Im big. Its hard for me to walk a ton. I have walked more this last 6 days then i have the last 6 months for sure. Gas x didn't help me when i tried it but everyone is different. I still have it terrible lol. It went from my right side to all over the now in my chest and left shoulder. Try not to let it get there. That is the worst!

Also, just noticed today so hopefully i can save butts somewhere. My tailbone is extremely aggitated today. Painful and irritated. Try not to lay on your back or sit to much. Aparently i have and now, even in a recliner with a pillow it hurts. Makes sleeping pretty hard!

Thanks for that, do appreciate it. Wishing you the best on your life change journey.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, heatherdbby said:

How are you?

I'm still a little sore and have no appetite so getting as much Protein they want me to is difficult, ive been drinking as much Gatorade as I can to at least stay hydrated. Was expecting to only stay one night in the hospital but it ended up being 2. I guess my blood pressure was super high (which it's never been before) when I was in recovery, I know they gave me meds for it but I was too out of it to even ask what. The incision thats been the most uncomfortable the whole time was the largest one they took the stomach out through, the smaller ones never really hurt too much. Walking really does help with the gas pains which like everyone else has said the pain meds do nothing for. Can't wait to drive again, they said a week as long as I'm not on the pain meds anymore, they only gave me 6 when I left Thursday so only had a day or 2 worth and didn't need it anymore so Tuesday I'll be able to drive again if I absolutely need to. It's definitely hard watching the family eat and not be able to join them, im not even hungry but still looks and smells good so feel like im missing out.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, Vicky Sue said:

Day 2 post op... really tired, so I'm sleeping quite abit, and haven't taken any pain meds since last night. Still pretty sore when i get up and down especially where the stomach came out on my right side. The nausea has been little to none. I'm feeling blessed and so happy i made this decision.

Thats weird, they took mine out on the left side. I only have one small incision on the right side and the other 5 on the left. I do have a large hernia that I'm sure complicated things for the surgeon, but that large one the stomach came out whichever side it's on really is the most sore one for sure.

On 10/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, raspberrylime said:

Good luck you'll do great! Im in the same boat, It's super likely I'll have my period next week during surgery too 😬 I'm hoping the worry and stress leading up to the big day will cause it to show up later lol

The nurses were super cool about it, put these stretchy disposable panties on me with a pad, she said they would cut them off in the or, not sure if they did or not cause I woke back up with some on so they either left it or put new ones on me. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just glad the first nurse was female, not sure if I would have been so comfortable telling a male nurse but honestly I was way more worried about it than I should have been, so if yours does show up just in time for surgery don't freak out about it like I did. I also have period underwear, I don't use pads or tampons so brought about 6 pairs of those in my bag and after the first night when I was up and moving more I used those since the one size fits most stretchy hospital ones and the big bulky pads that barely stuck to anything, like more of it came off with the paper. I didn't have to worry about leaks, I had to pee sooooo often and would change the huge non sticky pads every time. They had me on fluids so I was peeing more than I ever have in my entire life lol