Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

Good luck to everyone that is past their October surgery date! Can't wait to hear from you all. Hope things went smooooooothly for you.

I'm on day 7 (I think) of the liquid diet. My doc. ok'd veggies (low carb) this time, and that has made a difference. I've pooped twice, which is much better than the last time I did this and was already taking colace, etc. Although I am so very tired. sleeping a lot. And sick of shakes, lol. But I'm down 8 pounds, which is the lowest weight I've seen this year. I hesitate to be excited because that scale can go up and down like the sea, you know. Ha.

Anyway, 1 week out today. I have bouts of panic, but trying to manage.

20 hours ago, Julia82 said:

Of course last night I got my period, a week early, thinking it was all the stress. Sorry if that's TMI just worried about it, im sure the nurses will have delt with it before but it's still a little weird for me.

Good luck you'll do great! Im in the same boat, It's super likely I'll have my period next week during surgery too 😬 I'm hoping the worry and stress leading up to the big day will cause it to show up later lol

20 minutes ago, You Are My Sunshine said:

Good luck to everyone that is past their October surgery date! Can't wait to hear from you all. Hope things went smooooooothly for you.

I'm on day 7 (I think) of the liquid diet. My doc. ok'd veggies (low carb) this time, and that has made a difference. I've pooped twice, which is much better than the last time I did this and was already taking colace, etc. Although I am so very tired. sleeping a lot. And sick of shakes, lol. But I'm down 8 pounds, which is the lowest weight I've seen this year. I hesitate to be excited because that scale can go up and down like the sea, you know. Ha.

Anyway, 1 week out today. I have bouts of panic, but trying to manage.

Just try to breathe. I was sobbing and anesthesia was hooking me up so stressed about my 8 year old being okay if anything happened.

Keep pushing through!

On 10/3/2022 at 7:17 AM, FireWife81 said:

Today is the day. Just got to the surgery center and signed in. Waiting to get this day started. Good luck to everyone else have surgery today.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

How are you!!??

21 hours ago, Julia82 said:

Just got the call, have to be there at 6am tomorrow! I'm not sure its fully hit me that it's tomorrow, im sure once I walk in tomorrow morning it will hit me like a ton of bricks ill definitely take a dose of my anxiety meds before my ride gets here! Hopefully I'm there just one night, not sure how things will go with the huge hernia they have to work around. Good luck to everyone else having their surgery tomorrow too!

How are you?

2 days to go- gastric sleeve here we come!

I just got sleeved yesterday. If I could give one piece of advice it would be they are not joking when they say walking will help with the gas pain. For me personally the gas pain was worse then anything else. It was hard to start walking at first but once into it I could feel the pressure start to feel lighter. Good luck to everyone that has their surgery coming up in the next few days! And I hope everyone that is already done is recovering well. Here’s to us taking our lives back. 🥳

I am super excited & nervous! 🤩 My surgery is next week on October 12! I am currently on my post-op diet of 4 Protein Shakes a day & one meal (basically meat & veggies), the day before I can only have 5 Protein shakes! Wishing everyone a successful surgery!

Just got ready for surgery...IV in, monitors on and just waiting

15 minutes ago, Vicky Sue said:

Just got ready for surgery...IV in, monitors on and just waiting

Good luck to you! see you on the other side! Youre almost part of the losers bench!

I'm getting so nervous and also excited! Just 11 days to go! every time I wonder if im making the right decision I am reminded by some health issue or a painful joint. Today it was feeling huge in my hair stylists tiny chair and how embarrassed I felt to feel and look so squished into it.

I'm also looking forward to my HS hopefully going into remission or at least getting manageable!!

Can anyone share with me what their first week was like home? I spend 4 days at the hospital and come home to an empty house on the 21st. My husband wont be home until the 24th- is it smart to ask for a friend to stay with me the first night or two? I'm concerned I may have issues standing up after sitting/laying down the most.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:39 AM, KimA-GA said:

Looking at October 2022 for my surgery (vsg)

anyone else around that time ???

I am already making a lot of dietary changes and want to do a “trial run” of some of the presurgical dietary requirements so that my brain and food issues don’t sabotage my success when it comes down to go time.

Soo…. Roll call for October ??

October 21st

On 10/5/2022 at 10:26 AM, JessLosingIt said:

I am super excited & nervous! 🤩 My surgery is next week on October 12! I am currently on my post-op diet of 4 Protein Shakes a day & one meal (basically meat & veggies), the day before I can only have 5 Protein shakes! Wishing everyone a successful surgery!

Hooray! I'm the day before you. Closing in...

5 minutes ago, You Are My Sunshine said:

Hooray! I'm the day before you. Closing in...

Congrats!!! We've got this!!! 💪 Shine, on girl!