Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

I'm new here. Just got my surgery date - RNY Bypass on October 10th! liquid diet starts Monday October 4th.

I'm October 10th also. I was Sept 28th but it just got postponed today
Sorry you got postponed. But we don't have long to go until 10th [emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using BariatricPal mobile app

hi! I'm brand new here. I'm having RNY 10/31, so I made it into this group by a few hours!!! LOL I'm happy to have found you all. I started my weight loss back in April, and I've lost 37 lbs. I start my liquid pre-op diet on 10/17. I am so excited and so so so ready.

21 hours ago, MANDY2910 said:

4 more days and I am starting to freak out! Just the normal stuff: why am I doing this? Maybe I should try one more time on my own…. I have never been so apprehensive about a surgery before. But I am prepared and I know it will be fine. The discomfort is short lived. This liquid diet is not helping my mood either 😂

So understandable. I went through this all once before and ended up cancelling. This time I'm working on NOT doing that, lol. It's a big decision and a big change. Nervous is normal.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:26 PM, MyDogsLoveMe said:

The doctor didn't give me any pre op diet yet. I am worried that I'm not doing things right. I will send him a message to make sure things are right. Maybe it's because I lost 20 lbs on my own since June??? Maybe I'm overthinking things too....

How are you doing??

Scared but excited.

Sorry, I didn't see this response from you. I'm doing Okay... honestly pretty hungry at times, but forgetting to drink my shakes has been a bit of an issue. Spending a lot of time cleaning, lol. Made some Cookies (weird, but I enjoy it).

If you're concerned about not having a pre-op diet, you can do a really low carb one until that day. Stay away from fatty foods, sugar, alcohol. There's a lot of examples out there. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe will shrink up your liver a little bit.

Sorry, I didn't see this response from you. I'm doing Okay... honestly pretty hungry at times, but forgetting to drink my shakes has been a bit of an issue. Spending a lot of time cleaning, lol. Made some Cookies (weird, but I enjoy it).
If you're concerned about not having a pre-op diet, you can do a really low carb one until that day. Stay away from fatty foods, sugar, alcohol. There's a lot of examples out there. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe will shrink up your liver a little bit.
I have been doing a low carb diet except for today. I went out to dinner with some coworkers and had some sushi so the rice was bad.

I have shakes but they only have 15 grams Protein but the others are soooo gross I can't finish them. I have been doing Atkins shakes for Breakfast on the way to work and then egg muffins (eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onions, bellpeppers baked in cupcake tins) at work and then one shake with my lunch which is just a low carb tortilla with turkey meat (93/7) with some taco seasonings. For dinner more turkey. I'm just eating the same things day after day to make sure I don't mess up. It's easy to make and the prep time is short. I'm not hungry anymore. It seems like a lot of food but the calories are pretty low for each.

We are almost there!!!! We got this!!! Our hard work is paying off!

There might be a recipe area on this site, I'm not sure. That may help.

Scared but excited.

Monday is getting closer and closer. If anyone else has a 10/3 date (I know I have saw a few) send me a message and we can check on each other

I am most looking forward to not going so crazy over how often my work brings food in. The last day of the month, they always bring in food to Celebrate in end of month (we do loans). and last friday they did a potluck. yesterday my manager brought donuts, you get the idea...

October 11th for me. Started my two-week liquid diet on Tuesday. I'm so excited . . . but also nervous.

Edited by PerseOnFire
Sorry. Wrong forum!

Oct 5th for me. On my third day of liquid and its not too bad. Hard to believe I'm just 5 days from surgery. I'm excited and nervous.

2 hours ago, PerseOnFire said:

October 11th for me. Started my two-week liquid diet on Tuesday. I'm so excited . . . but also nervous.

Me, too! (On the date and the feels, lol.) I'm nervous, but trying to refocus that anxiety into excitement. It's crazy to remember I won't be having regular food for a while. I have to keep reminding family like, you'll need to eat xxx 'cause it won't wait for me!

17 hours ago, MyDogsLoveMe said:

I have been doing a low carb diet except for today. I went out to dinner with some coworkers and had some sushi so the rice was bad.

I have shakes but they only have 15 grams Protein but the others are soooo gross I can't finish them. I have been doing Atkins shakes for Breakfast on the way to work and then egg muffins (eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onions, bellpeppers baked in cupcake tins) at work and then one shake with my lunch which is just a low carb tortilla with turkey meat (93/7) with some taco seasonings. For dinner more turkey. I'm just eating the same things day after day to make sure I don't mess up. It's easy to make and the prep time is short. I'm not hungry anymore. It seems like a lot of food but the calories are pretty low for each.

We are almost there!!!! We got this!!! Our hard work is paying off!

There might be a recipe area on this site, I'm not sure. That may help.

Scared but excited.

Sounds like you're doing great, and doing something that will help with the surgery and post-op, and just get you a bit in the mental mode. Good for you! Yeah I'm over shakes already and it's day 4. I'm going to go treat myself to a proffee from Sbux. One thing is I'm sleeping like a rock, which is nice. But man, I think shakes might be a challenge for me post-op. I have to make sure I keep up on them.

26 minutes ago, Vicky Sue said:

Oct 5th for me. On my third day of liquid and its not too bad. Hard to believe I'm just 5 days from surgery. I'm excited and nervous.

You go girl!!

Heyo! I am October 3rd!
I have been on my pre op diet since the 19th. I have lost about 10 pounds since starting the pre op. I did really good up until yesterday when I messed up and ate 2 scalloped potatoes. I am having a bit of anxiety over it. Thoughts like “what if my liver doesn’t shrink now?” “What if the cancel me?”
The nerves are getting more intense every day.
I’ve been in this process for over a year so I think it’s hard for me to realize it’s actually happening!

2 hours ago, kaya.xpn said:

Heyo! I am October 3rd!
I have been on my pre op diet since the 19th. I have lost about 10 pounds since starting the pre op. I did really good up until yesterday when I messed up and ate 2 scalloped potatoes. I am having a bit of anxiety over it. Thoughts like “what if my liver doesn’t shrink now?” “What if the cancel me?”
The nerves are getting more intense every day.
I’ve been in this process for over a year so I think it’s hard for me to realize it’s actually happening!

I'm a day behind you, surgery on the 4th and started liquids diet the 20th. Sounds like we have a lot in common, started the process late August of last year, its been a journey for sure. I don't think the one little slip up will hurt your progress any. The nerves are really starting to get to me too, even my anxiety meds aren't even helping anymore. I'm having an issue getting my pain management dr and surgeon to communicate so that's added to the stress, the pain management dr wants me to stay on what I'm on then the team can add to it accordingly after but surgeon wants me off of it and didn't tell me till less than 2 weeks before which isnt enough time to taper off so im definitely losing some sleep over it, unless I either disobey the surgeon and stay on it and avoid being in withdrawal or follow the pain management drs orders and stay on them and let them add on. If neither respond to me and let me know what they decided I'm going to have to make a decision to stop taking them tomorrow and deal with the withdrawal till surgery day or stay on, message the surgeon and tell him I've decided to keep taking it and pray he doesn't cancel my surgery. I never imagined this whole process would be so stressful