Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2022 surgery support

Looking at October 2022 for my surgery (vsg)

anyone else around that time ???

I am already making a lot of dietary changes and want to do a “trial run” of some of the presurgical dietary requirements so that my brain and food issues don’t sabotage my success when it comes down to go time.

Soo…. Roll call for October ??

Hi, my sleeve is booked for Sat 8th October.

What sort of dietary changes are you making so far? I only just booked my surgery but so far I am trying to be more mindful of my eating and cutting down on my sugar/caffeine.

I really want to make good use of this time to get mentally prepared as much as I can be.

So far I have slowly made changes to

1.)only eating fast food maybe once a week. I would have it 5+ meals a week last year.

2.) reducing most processed foods (nothing is off limits, but if it’s not healthy, be mindful of the portion)

3.) not eating when not hungry

4.) I used to drink a glass of sweet tea a day, dropped that to occasional - drinking Water or unsweet tea almost exclusively except for my weekly Margarita:)

I am on a diabetic medicine which has helped with the process because it has changed the way my stomach processes food and helped me to make the lifestyle changes now. Thanks to that I have lost 50 already and hoping to loose more by the time for surgery.

my next step is to try to do a test run on the pre op diet so I can not have my eating issues complicate matters when time comes (which hopefully will let me loose more)

it’s a journey I want to be success at so bad!!

Edited by KimA-GA

I just scheduled my surgery for October 4th! I am also going to get the VSG. I have been working with my surgeon since May. I have a pre op weight loss goal that I’m still working on, and I had already lost some weight before meeting the surgeon. In total they want me to be down 57 pounds from my heaviest weight. I have about 20 pounds to go still. I’m also working on the fast food bit. That’s definitely been a hard one for me. It’s so easy to just want to pick something up after a long day.

2 minutes ago, COlvera16 said:

I just scheduled my surgery for October 4th! I am also going to get the VSG. I have been working with my surgeon since May. I have a pre op weight loss goal that I’m still working on, and I had already lost some weight before meeting the surgeon. In total they want me to be down 57 pounds from my heaviest weight. I have about 20 pounds to go still. I’m also working on the fast food bit. That’s definitely been a hard one for me. It’s so easy to just want to pick something up after a long day.

Fast food was so hard to overcome! I started putting convenience over cost for healthy grab and go foods and it became easier. Also, when I do get something I opt for smaller portions (4 nugget happy meal for example) and simpler options and find that works as well as the big meals used to.

keep working and hopefully we will be surgery buddies!

I just had VGS on 6/29 but I saw the GA in your name and got curious. It looks like we’re pretty close as I’m in Griffin. Good job on taking the steps to prepare! It’ll all make a big difference when it’s time for your procedure. Best to you.

1 minute ago, AussieMom3 said:

I just had VGS on 6/29 but I saw the GA in your name and got curious. It looks like we’re pretty close as I’m in Griffin. Good job on taking the steps to prepare! It’ll all make a big difference when it’s time for your procedure. Best to you.

I live near macon in central ga, so not far probably an hour away. *wave*

1 hour ago, lussa said:

October 21. Been over a year in the making and the time is finally almost here (due to both the pandemic and me struggling to change my behaviors that led me here)

Totally understand the struggle with eating issues and disorders!! Glad you have made progress and are getting ready for the big change!

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for October 24th for revision from Lapband to Bypass. Just got my date today. Still have a few of my results that need to come in so they can submit to insurance but my doctor seems pretty confident I'll have no problem getting approved.

It's all happened pretty fast. First consult was on July 7th and I got all my testing done in the last 30 days. I was happy that I was down 4 lbs (not a lot but at least I was down) from that original appointment, my blood pressure was in a really good range and it seems everything is going well. Glad to meet you all and have some friends on this journey!